The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Assistant Engineer – Biomedical
Reporting to Hospital Engineer – Biomedical, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring proper functioning, safety and sound condition of all medical equipment in the Hospital and that they are in optimum working condition and available for use at all times amongst the following other responsibilities;
- Ensure all bio-medical equipment are included on the equipment master list for scheduled maintenance and calibration.
- Support the Hospital Engineer – Biomedical, to review and update the quality standards for preventive maintenance and checks that are regularly conducted on biomedical equipment to comply with changing industry requirements.
- Ensure that preventive maintenance and repairs of bio-medical equipment is conducted within the established quality standards, procedures and time.
- Ensure continuous training of Bio-medical equipment users and to ensure safe machine handling.
- Ensure calibration of biomedical equipment is done in time and documented.
- Ability to maintain dialysis equipment.
- Ensure team observance and compliance with environmental health and occupational safety measures and regulations.
- Carry out staff supervision including work scheduling and execution.
- Supervise handling and being in charge of any works related to various bio-medical equipment.
- To evaluate the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of medical equipment, report and implement recommendations.
- Identify gaps and risks in biomedical equipment and share with head of department for execution.
- Supervise outpatient centers and ensuring medical equipment’s are maintained as per hospital standards.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Bio -Medical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience, in a maintenance function in a busy hospital industry.
- Demonstrated experience in Maintenance management.
- Excellent organizational, decision-making and planning skills.
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Computer literacy skills with demonstrated knowledge
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned not later than FRIDAY 30th APRIL 2021.
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
NB: THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).