Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established through the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act of 1979, which has since been amended to Science, Technology and Innovation Act 2013. The 1979 Act established KEMRI as a National body responsible for carrying out health research in Kenya.4
Vacancy No: CGHR/194/04/21
Duration: One (1) year with a possibility of extension
Reporting to: Principal Investigator
The successful candidate will work with the Trial Manager and the Principal Investigators in organizing and overseeing data collection.The holder of this position shall be based at the KEMRI–CGHR field station in Kisian with occasional visits to the study field sites.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Programming or any related field.
- Masters degree in in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Programming or any related field.
- Demonstrated experience in data management and analyst in a busy research setting, preferably in the health research environment
- Proficient programming experience using programming software such as SAS/STATA/Python/R and domain specific languages like SQL
- Demonstrated ability to manage large disparate data sets and experience with quantitative analysis
- Familiarity with modern database systems and information technologies including cloud server management
- Familiarity with EDCs such as REDCap, and ODK–based platforms such as ODK Survey, CommCare, SurvetCTO, etc.
- An analytical mindset with excellent communication and problem–solving skills
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms
- Communicate, expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral formats
- Ability and willingness to learn additional skills on the job
Terms of Employment:
One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales.
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e–mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e–mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates and Transcripts
- Contact telephone number
CGHR, PO Box 1578–40100,
Submit your application including documents via Email address
Kemri Is An Equal Opportunity Employer; Women And Disabled Persons Are Encouraged To Apply. Kemri Does Not Charge A Fee At Any Stage Of Its Selection Process Including Application, Interview Meeting And Processing Of Offer Letter. If Asked For A Fee, Report Such Request Immediately To Relevant Authority
Only short–listed candidates will be contacted
Closing Date : 5th May, 2021