The Lamu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent
and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per Sections 59
of the County Governments Act.
ACCOUNTANT I, J/G ‘K’ LCPSB/ADV/2021/14 (3
Service: Permanent & Pensionable
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Have Passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination
- Have Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) from a recognized institution or any other relevant equivalent qualification;
- Have Passed Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination
- Have Certificate in Computer Applications;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Specific duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Verification of vouchers and committal documents in accordance with laid down rules and regulations;
- Data capture, maintenance of primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote books, registers and preparation of simple management reports e.g. imprest and expenditure returns etc.
- Safe custody of Government records and assets under him/her, analysis the line accounts and may be deployed as a cashier where duties will entail receiving duly processed payments and receipt vouchers;
- Posting payments and receipt vouchers in the cash books; balancing and ruling of the cash books on daily basis;
- Extracting and providing cash liquidity analysis;
- Preparation of expenditure and Authority to Incur Expenditure (AIE) funding returns on quarterly basis at County treasury level;
- Preparation of Appropriation–In–Aid (AIA) returns on quarterly basis at district treasury level;
- Paying personal and merchant claims guided by cash balances in the cash books and treasury regulations;
- Receipting of all money due and payable to government.
- Any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply
Lamu County Public Service Board
P. O. Box 536-80500
Applicants must attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card;
- Academic & Professional Certificates and Testimonials;
- Copies of clearance certificates from:
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID);
- Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and respective professional
- Any other relevant supporting
- Important information
- The applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 8th October 2021
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Canvasing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Youth, Women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.