This Program is collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and the
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) whose remit is to conduct
in Malaria/HIV and other diseases. Due to
its continued growth, the Family Health Unit at KEMRI-CGHR, Kisumu, has a
vacancy in the Antenatal and Postnatal COVID-19 (ANCOV)
study for the following position.
Position: Clerk- Community Interviewer (4 Position) KMR 10
Location: Kisumu and
- O-Level secondary education with a minimum grade of a D+ (plus)
- Good command of English, Kiswahili and Dholuo in written and spoken
- Ability to write brief reports and keep records.
- Previous experience in research, including clinical trials is an added advantage
- Willingness to devote additional time to work including working during public holidays
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with members of the community and health facility staff
- Knowledge of GCP principles
The clerk (community
interviewer) will be responsible for screening, consenting and enrolment of
study participants as well as collection of relevant information to facilitate
follow up and retention
and ensure that these tasks are conducted
in the highest standards possible as per the ANCOV study protocol and GCP. S/he
must be flexible and work within the existing structure, in a professional
and ethical manner with competence,
accountability and integrity.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Obtaining pregnancy notifications from CHVs and other sources, including MOH staff
- Collection of accurate information from the study participants in line with the standards and guidelines set in the study protocol
- Schedule and prepare a work plan for phone calls, home follow up visits and reminders for scheduled visits for participants
- Checking ANC/PNC registers to verify if all pregnant mothers can be approached and enrolled if eligible
- Administer the consenting process and enroll participants in the study.
- Taking a detailed locator for all the enrolled participants
- Ensure that all the relevant case reports and appointment cards are administered appropriately, and all research questions are asked when interviewing each participant
- Check questionnaires for accuracy and completeness at the end of interview sessions
- Keep clean and comprehensive records of study visits and their outcomes
- Conduct debriefing with each study participant at the conclusion of interviews
- Ensure that one has requisite supplies in time
- Adhere strictly to the project deadlines for completion of duties assigned
- Attend all the routine study meetings in time and with progress reports as appropriate
- Any other duties assigned/ delegated from time to time by your immediate supervisor.
Terms of Employment
This is a six (6) months
fixed term contract. Compensation is as per the stated salary grade.
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (indicate vacancy number) Current Resume or CV, with names and contact information
- 3 letters of reference from referees listed on the CV Copies of Certificates or transcripts
How To Apply
PO Box 1578-40100,
not later than October
27, 2021. Submit your application including documents via Email