We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Purpose of Position
To provide overall finance and accounting services to the Global Fund HIV Grant in Turkana County ensuring sound Financial Practices and adequate internal controls in line with donor requirements and WVK policies Systems and Procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 4 years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance, Business management/ Administration or related degree
- Fully qualified Accountant – CPA (K).
- Experience working in Global Fund Grant implementation is Mandatory
- Knowledge of Sun system is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Advanced excel and analytical skills
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Post financial data transactions into the accounting system.
- Consolidate and submit accurate project funding requests for GF HIV
- Ensure timely preparation and review bank reconciliation statements for the project.
- Prepare and consolidate accurate financial analysis for management decision making.
- Prepare Core/Logframe Combined Financial Reports.
- Ensure timely review and recording of Employee Expense Reports.
- Ensure timely review and reconciliation of the balance sheet items.
- Consolidate periodic Cluster compliance reports.
Planning, Budgeting & Budgetary control
- Prepare accurate GF HIV grant budgets
- Ensure accurate and quality project budgets are uploaded into existing databases and systems.
- Ensure compliance with grant guidelines and other standards
- Participate in proposal writing and grant budget development.
- Conduct financial analysis for management decision making.
- Monitor and timely communicate changes on Project Budget and Actuals System (PBAS) commitment.
- Develop realistic cash flow forecasts in line with the project plans.
- Ensure Finance and administration risks for the GF HIV grant are identified, recorded in Riskonnect and mitigation measures put in place.
- Provide timely support and coordination to all Finance and Accounting related internal and external audits
- Ensure timely implementation of Finance and Accounts audit recommendations for the project
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and WVK Policies as relates to Finance and Administration are adhered to by all staff in the project and any non-adherences are noted in a timely manner for correction and process improvement
- Ensure timely production and review of monthly report to address any variances in a timely manner.
Cash Management, Payments and Coordination
- Ensure maintenance of up to date records of cash disbursement.
- Cash flow management to ensure compliance with target low.
- Ensure timely supplier invoice payment and staff disbursements.
- Coordination of all accounting functions in the cluster.
- Provide technical support and leadership to staff within the Cluster.
- Ensure that the project office is safe for occupation as per OSHA requirements and regulations.
- Coordinate facilities management at the project office by supervising outsourced service providers including security and janitorial services
- Ensure equipment are properly maintained and operated optimally.
- Ensure assets are properly tagged and recorded in the asset register and in Sunsystem within the Cluster.
- Support the Programs in asset acquisition, management and disposal.
- Liaise with the security department and the cluster office driver to ensure motor vehicles are used as per WVK policies.
- Review motor vehicle summary reports from the cluster driver on a monthly basis to ascertain proper usage and efficiency.
- Consolidate and review the Project asset register and share with Cluster Accountant on quarterly basis.
- Ensure accurate information for fleet, real estate and insurance is provided to the RO annually for updating Real Estate and Assets Management (REAM) portal.
Local partners’ capacity building
- Conduct financial assessment of potential local partners.
- Build financial management capacity of local partners for competence and risk reduction
- Review MOUs and funding agreements to ensure soundness.
- Ensure timely funding of the local partners
- Review financial reports and transactions
- Monitoring the local partners to ensure compliance and for process improvements
Any other Duty assigned by supervisor or designee
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as required.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 November. 2021