Job Title: Accounts Payable and Receivables
Job Location: Mombasa
Salary: Ksh 50,000
BRIEF DESCRIPTION: Monitors and reports on outstanding invoices within the allocated credit terms. Protects the company’s receivables and minimizes bad debt. The incumbent in this position applies advanced skills, serving as a resource in the resolution of complex non-routine and routine problems and issues. They may orient, train, and check the work of other team members.
Monitors and analysis AP entries and reconciliations for compliance with company policies and procedures
- Monitor and analyze customer overdue by liaising and meeting with QSC
- Propose solutions and escalations on overdue accounts
- Maintain and modify processes for AR and AP for optimum performance by the QSC
- Proactively arrange meetings and escalations customers and vendors for long standing disputes and/or unsettled amounts
- Ensure DSO and DPO in line with Country and Regional targets
- Maintain monitoring systems on the bank suspense accounts
- Support GL / Tax staff with month and year end closing
- Support GL/Tax with external audit
- Communicates with departments internally to assist in collection and resolution of disputed charges.
- Monitors customer credit limits and enforces company credit policy
- Sets deadlines to minimize aging of receivables to achieve key performance measures
- Reviewing of credit applications that are prepared by QSC
- Reporting to Management of risks associated with AR and AP
- Addresses high-level issues and escalate accordingly until resolution is reached.
- Support GL Tax with Budgeting and forecasting Overheads.
- Monthly and quarterly financial reporting on company system in line with IFRS.
- Assist with monitoring systems and reporting for Area and sub-areas.
- Responsible to ensure compliance for IFRS 16.
- Develop alternative solutions and plans to resolve problems.
- Drive efficiencies through process testing and mapping
- Implement processes and controls to close audit/financial gaps in the business
- Provide management with data and analysis for decision making and visibility
- Analyze data and make recommendations to management for decision making
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) plus a minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in Finance, Accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience in job function
- Knowledge of user application systems and Proficient in EXCEL
- Fluent in English
- Highly analytic and independent way of working
- Ability to present complex correlations in a clear way
- Team player / Flexible / Cooperative
- Solid Communication skills
How to Apply
If you qualify and up to the challenge send your CV to email@example.com.
Indicate Accounts payables and Receivable as the subject line.