Vacant Position: Manager – Admin & Facilities
Position Budget: 100,000 – 150,000
JOB SUMMARY: Our client a Microfinance Bank is seeking to fill the position of =Manager, Admin & Facilities.
The overall responsibility of this role is to programme, coordinate and oversee maintenance of all the assets and facilities of the bank based on approved SLAs and the bank’s policies and procedures; to foster business continuity across the bank networks and strike a balance between quality and cost.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
a. Facilities Repairs & Maintenance
- Installation, repairs and maintenance of Air Conditioning Units, Generators and Electrical Lighting and other accessories.
- Supervision of general repairs – painting, tiling, carpentry, blacksmithing, among others.
- Coordination of plumbing works – water and water meter connection
- Conducting periodic preventive/planned maintenance for plant, equipment and buildings.
- Preparation and implementation of work plans and maintenance schedules for the Generators, ACs, UPS, MCBs, AVRs, Solar Panels and Inverters.
- Coordinating training of users on basic operation technics of the electrical equipment.
b. Property Management
- Supervision and Management of Property Caretakers
- Procuring and screening tenants for available office spaces/houses/land.
- Procurement and management of service contracts and agreements.
- Maintain records in respect to leases and contracts i.e., Initiate termination or renewal of leases and contracts, maintain rent book and Prepare status reports
- Lease administration and documentation for owned and leased premises
- Conducting periodic inspections of property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of leased property.
- Arranging for and facilitating repairs and maintenance of buildings under the company’s management
- Assisting the Procurement and Finance departments in sourcing for building maintenance services.
- Managing Occupational Health and Safety at managed buildings, in collaboration with clients/tenants.
- Assisting in administrative and clerical work for the company.
- Review of the company’s property & facilities management policy on need basis in collaboration with the Risk and Compliance Department.
- Provide real estate advisory services to assist in decision making.
- Coordinate and oversee valuation of the managed properties.
- Facilitating payments of land rates, utility bills and statutory fees for ‘owned’ properties
c. Site Supervision / Management
- Representing the bank in project meetings.
- Communicating the instructions received from the Architect and other consultants in the building team to the Contractor and Sub-contractors and other nominated vendors.
- Inspecting that all work is done to the agreed quality standards and in accordance with the Contract Drawings and Specifications and Building regulations.
- Maintain a site diary, and adequate records for work done under his/her control.
- Organizing and supervising work including sub-contractors and appointed suppliers.
- Ensuring that only safe methods of work are being used and withdrawing equipment which is unsafe.
- Monitoring installation works during construction to ensure that they conform to the requirements.
d. Administrative Functions
- Planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources for new buildings or re-organizing current premises.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation.
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Verifying invoices against user requests, approved quotes and signed job cards to facilitate payments for services offered by vendors.
KNOWLEDGE; SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Mechanical Engineering, Civil engineering, Building Construction, Land Economics, Project Management or relevant field.
- Over 5 years of working experience in the built environment.
- Professional qualification e.g., CFM is an added advantage
- Project management experience
- Clear understanding of HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems
- Proven knowledge as facilities management
- Well versed with technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Ability to interpret drawings
- Ability to generate cost estimates
- Knowledge in Computer-Aided Design (ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, Artlantis)
- Computer skills – knowledge in Microsoft based applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and leadership skills
- Good analytical and critical thinking
To apply send your CV to email@example.com by 10th October 2021.
Indicating Assistant Manager, Admin & Facilities as the email subject.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.