The idea of establishing the Great Lakes University of Kisumu originated in the Tropical Institute of Community Health and Development (TICH) in Africa, which spearheaded the application for authority to operate as a university. The establishment of TICH was inspired by a number of sources expressing the need for a formal course in Community Based Health Care leading to a recognized academic qualification. Such a course would be offered by an academic institution that could effectively weave together theoretical, evidence based and practical hands-on analytical skills training into development, conducted in learning sites located in the community, civil society, industry and public institutions. It was thought that an Institute with the freedom to innovate but linked to an established University would be the best base for such a training program.
- The validation of information contained in applications and analyze the applications of prospective students based on standard admission policies and entry requirements.
- Enter assessment information including: all past qualifications, professional experience and any other information required by faculty from each applicant pertaining to the relevant program for
- Provide clear advice to applicants on whether conditions have been imposed on their offer and appropriate information on how to meet those conditions.
- In accordance with the University Admission Policy and guidelines, admit students on acceptance of their offer and confirm conditions have been met.
- 5. Develop innovative communication strategies, recruitment strategies and enrolment plans in coordination with senior management to attract and enroll more students.
Qualification & Competencies Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Master’s degree will be added advantage.
- 3- 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience in some area of student affairs or prior Admissions experience
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgments and work under pressure.
- Must be accurate and pay close attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively
Applicants to send Cover letter, CV and testimonials indicating the position applied for to:
The Chairman of Governing Council
Great Lakes University of Kisumu
P.O Box 2224-40100
OR Send via mail to
Email subject line MUST read the position applied for. OR Hand drop to
Great Lakes University of Kisumu,
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Closing Date : 17th May, 2021