Job Vacancy: Field Officer Kenya
Agricycle bridges the gap between smallholders in developing economies and global markets by democratizing access to the agricultural value chain through our distributed network and portfolio of upcycled ingredients.
Agricycle is a for-profit benefit corporation and startup, meaning we operate in a fast-moving environment to disrupt the status quo and create social, economic and environmental impact.
Overview: As our Field Officer, you will report to the Operations Coordinator in Kenya and work closely with a team of other Field Officers and Sourcing Officers to widen access to agriculture and global markets for smallholders, women and youth.
You will mobilize farmers to purchase Agricycle’s processing equipment, train them to meet Agricycle’s food safety and quality standards and coordinate buying their products.
You will act as the main link between rural communities and Agricycle in assigned regions within Kenya and coordinate with relevant stakeholders like local governments, nonprofits and development agencies.
- Mobilize smallholder farmers to join Agricycle’s network in order to become certified producers.
- Facilitate Agricycle’s members to procure necessary equipment, such as dehydrators, for production.
- Teach Agricycle’s members Good Agricultural Practices and monitor their compliance.
- Train Agricycle’s members to meet food safety and quality standards and monitor their compliance.
- Negotiate with Agricycle’s producers to procure multiple products as guided from time to time.
- Ensure Agricycle’s producers follow requirements for quality products and production goals.
- Communicate production and activities to other team members and update the digital database.
- Collect impact, production and demographic data of Agricycle’s members and producers in Kenya.
- Assist team members with planning, implementation and monitoring of projects in assigned regions.
- Link Agricycle to and meet with relevant partners who can support our sourcing and impact goals.
- Any other reasonable responsibility given by supervising team members.
Ideal candidates are:
- Highly creative with a hunger for innovation and are natural born problem solvers.
- Motivated by a passion to make the world a better place and love to take on challenges.
- Servant leaders who help to build the team and take on whatever role is necessary.
- Eager to learn and thrive in the fast-paced “fail fast, fail often” startup culture we embody.
- Collaborative in a highly diverse and global team and can work independently when remote.
- Critical and strategic thinkers with strong decision-making skills.
- Empathetic and patient, knowing no task is below them.
- Strong team players, knowing teamwork is necessary and that each role supports the other.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable experience working with rural communities and agriculture.
- College degree or equivalent work experience in community development, agriculture, education, project management or other related fields.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Demonstrated compassion and empathy, strong work ethic and unimpeachable integrity.
- Readiness and ability to regularly perform under pressure and within short timeframes.
- Readiness to work anywhere in Kenya for months-long engagements or permanent placement.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, especially: gmail and google drive.
- Community development
- Agricultural development
- Project management
- Education or teaching
- Compassion and empathy
- Leadership and teamwork
- Verbal/written communication
How to Apply
Send all applications through https://jobs.wrkhq.com/agricycle by 23rd July 2021 at 5pm EAT.
Attach the following as one combined PDF:
a) cover letter addressed to the Director of East Africa;
b) CV with three reachable referees; and
c) academic or other qualification documents.
Clearly state the position you are applying for in your letter.
Agricycle does not charge for applications or interviews.