TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that hardworking people can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives. Our success in creating business solutions to poverty is due in large part to our talented and highly committed team. TechnoServe employs more than 900 people, the vast majority of them host-country nationals working in the field. Our staff combine business expertise with local knowledge, relationships and context to help hardworking men and women generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. In 2014, TechnoServe’s work made a difference in the lives of 1.7 million people in more than 29 countries, creating a better life and better world for this generation and the generation to come.
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
TechnoServe is implementing the USAID funded Alliance for Inclusive and Nutritious Food Processing (AINFP) regional program in collaboration with Partners in Food Solutions (PFS). The program leverages the power of the private sector to create better nutritional outcomes for base-of-the-pyramid consumers and more profitable market opportunities for local farmers. This is achieved by supporting local food processing companies in Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania and Zambia through remote technical assistance and training from world leading food processing companies under PFS to increase the availability of safe, affordable and nutritious food.
The program seeks to recruit recent graduates, Masters and PhD students from in the fields of food science, marketing and finance to work with local food processing firms across Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania. The internship provides valuable professional development opportunities to receive on-the-job training in private sector setting, preparing them to become the next generation of African food technologists and business consultants. In addition to their on-the-job contributions to the client, interns will develop case studies, carry out research and support trainings with supervision by program staff. Overall the internship is aimed at expanding practical knowledge, refining career goals, and building professional networks. The location of the internships will be in multiple towns across Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania where the food processing companies are located.
- A first degree from a recognized university in any of the following disciplines: Food processing, Marketing, Business or Finance
- Must have graduated within the last 2 years, completed coursework awaiting graduation or currently pursuing a Masters or PhD degree
- Provide recommendation/reference letter from the university attended
- Should possess interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be goal oriented, dynamic, passionate and self-motivated
- Must be a team player and have the ability to solve problems
- A person of integrity
- Must be computer proficient
AINFP program invites applications from qualified candidates for the internship program in one or more of the following knowledge centres:
- Food Safety and Quality Standards
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Access to Finance for Food processors
- Nutrition and Fortification
- Product Development and packaging
- Supply Chain Operations
- Food Manufacturing
- Marketing and Branding
- Financial Management Systems
- Financial planning and forecasting
- Market Consumer insights research
- BOP marketing and last mile distribution
- Access to Finance for Food Processing companies
- Small holder farmer sourcing and contracting
- Product development and packaging
- Business Planning
- Marketing Strategies
- Sales and sales agent’s networks
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 6th June, 2021