Job Title: Van Sales Man (VSM)
Nature of Job: Full Time
Industry: Alcohol Distributor
Salary: KShs. 22,000.00 With Incentives
Job Location: Kitui Kenya
No. of Positions: 4
Job Summary: Our client is a major Distributor of Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic beverages for KBL/UDV in lower Eastern of Kenya (Kitui).
They are urgently seeking to fill the position of a Van Sales Man.
The role seeks to ensure required outlet coverage is achieved, products distributed into focused outlets and out of stock are reduced to the barest minimum and achieve the volume target for the assigned route.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all brands/SKUS are loaded on truck daily before trucking out
- Sell all brands and packaging to all customers without discrimination and achieve volume/value target.
- Go to sell with all required selling tools and DRAR Fully completed per call for the day
- To merchandise all products while selling in all outlets
- To always, sell within assigned out e.g. fridges, posters. POS assets and reports any related non compliance
- Ensuring excellent service to the counter customers
- Ensuring good customer rapport while gathering market intelligence
- Cash/stock reconciliation
- Proper understanding, tracking and communicating EABL programs to customers.
- Maintain an accurate customer database to expand the market coverage.
- Ensuring proper maintenance and cleanliness of tools assigned i.e. phones and ETR machines.
- Gather market intelligence
- Communication of business information to clients e.g. price change, changes on brands
- Advising customers on stocking levels as well as SKU mix
- Maintaining a conducive and a clean working environment
- Maintain product freshness through proper handling and strict practice of FIFO
- Adhering to company operating rules and procedures
- Any other duty may be added to you at the discretion of the management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary qualifications
- Good experience as a VSM mostly with a KBL distributor (Formerly not currently)
- A good driver with valid and clean driving license
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Positive attitude, self-motivation and the ability to make work environment fun.
- Self-confidence, selling and negotiation skills
- Healthy and physically fit to work
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills and experience to email@example.com.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.