Amref Health Africa
Job Title: Chief of Party – USAID Imarisha Jamii Project – Kenya
Reporting to: Country Director
Amref Health Africa a not-profit-organization is the largest international health development organization based in Africa.
Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems.
More information about the organization can be found at www.amref.org.
They are seeking to fill the position of Chief of Party, USAID Imarisha Jamii Project.
1. Provide overall strategic and programmatic leadership and oversight within the consortium of project partners.
2. Ensure that project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations and that project results are pro-actively disseminated.
3. Provide oversight of all project operations and reporting, ensuring compliance with USAID requirements and regulations.
4. Work closely with the USAID and Government counterparts, to ensure the project effectively complies with the USAID and GOK objectives, rules and regulations.
5. Ensure compliance with the policy and legislative requirements of USAID as stipulated under the Agreement.
6. Responsible for timely preparation of annual work plans and reports to the donor.
7. Supervise, mentor, manage and motivate staff for optimal performance of the project.
8. Responsible for co-ordination and collaboration with partner and key stakeholders.
9. Document and disseminate programme achievements and lessons.
10. Manage project resources including staff, finances and assets.
Qualifications & Competencies
- A Master’s degree in social sciences, public health, medicine, management, business administration, or a related field.
- A minimum of ten years of experience working with United States Government (USG) supported projects and knowledge of the emergency plan goals and USG project financial rules and regulations at a senior level.
- Ten years of experience in a senior role leading a complex technical service delivery Programme.
- Seven years of demonstrated experience in partnership building, especially with government representatives, donors, the private sector, and local community organizations.
- Experience in Human Resources for Health development in developing countries.
- Exceptional managerial and operational experience, and preferably in managing large complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions in developing countries/sub–Saharan Africa.
- Experience in developing program work-plans, developing program budgets, managing program implementation, managing staff, and field and managing short-term technical assistance.
- Excellent representational and communication skills, written and oral proficiency in English, and verbal communication skills in one or more local languages.
- A team player with visionary leadership.
How to Apply
To apply send your CV to email@example.com by 30th September 2021 indicating Chief of Party – as the email subject.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects staff to share this commitment.
Amref is an equal opportunity employer and has a non- smoking environment policy.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.