Makueni County Public Service Board is established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012. The Board was inaugurated on the 5th of August, 2013 as a body corporate with perpetual succession and seal capable of suing and being sued in its corporate name. It is composed of a Chairman, five Board Members and a Secretary all appointed by the Governor with approval of the County Assembly. The Board established its secretariat in 2014 Vision: “A public service that thrives and where performance excels” Mission: “To attract, retain and inspire a result oriented County Public Service” Core Values Integrity Professionalism Fairness and equity Discipline Respect Team work Rallying Cry: “Quality Staff, Quality Service”
JG ‘G’ – 9 POSTS.
Terms of service: Three (3) years contract- Renewable
Risk allowance: Ksh: 3,850
House allowance: Ksh.7,500
Hardship allowance: Ksh.3,200
Leave allowance: Ksh. 4,000
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this post, candidate must
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C- or its equivalent
- Possession of a certificate in Animal Health, Animal health and production from a recognized institution
- Be registered by the Kenya Veterinary Board
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertaking disease control activities search as disease search, vaccination and enforcement of livestock movement regulations
- Participating in the training of stakeholders in vector control programmes
- Treating sick animals
- Advising on good veterinary practices
- Collecting data and preparing reports on animal health, products and markets
- Providing advice on animal breeding and welfare
- Undertaking postmortem examination and other diagnostic tests
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
The Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at
the reception desk
Makueni County Public Service Board Offices
located past Makueni Girls,
Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute
All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
Closing Date : 2nd June, 2021