Mental Health Counselor Job, Kenyan Medical Job Vacancies,
We are looking for emotionally sensitive candidates with excellent problem-solving skills who are committed to helping people better their lives. The responsibilities of a counseling psychologist include listening to patients and identifying their core problems, building strong, long-term relationships based on trust, and monitoring patient response to treatment over time, among other duties.
Counseling psychologists should be expert problem solvers with good diagnostic skills. This requires a highly analytical mindset and the ability to understand people on a psychoanalytic level.
- Scheduling patient consultations.
- Assessing patients and identifying their problems.
- Engaging in discussion with patients and making them feel comfortable.
- Implementing individualized treatment programs.
- Undertaking psychometric testing.
- Evaluating patient responses to treatment over time.
- Organizing a long-term counseling plan that involves multiple visits.
- Offering services to all age groups.
- Offering both one-on-one and group counseling.
- Keeping a detailed account of patient mental health history.
- Being patient and building relationships based on trust.
- High quality virtual-first psychological and emotional counseling
- Screen all beneficiaries
- Craft personalized management plans for all beneficiaries
- Maintain beneficiaries’ care management plans, track progress against goals, and highlight concerns or considerations that may need to be taken into account.
- Routine and effective ongoing care and follow-up through periodic touch points with beneficiaries to ensure that their mental health plan is on track.
- Beneficiary education
- Beneficiary empowerment
- Effective participation as part of the broader clinical team
- Follow up with partner providers for any critical and necessary information required to manage the beneficiaries’ case well, including care management plans, prescriptions, etc.
- Maintain a log of any issues that need resolution with regard to operations, feedback on service delivery, concerns raised by beneficiaries, payers and other stakeholders.
- A Degree in psychology. Preferably a Masters or PhD but not required
- A valid license from Kenya Psychological Association
- At least 3-5 years of clinical experience
- Good observational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Empathy and sensitivity when dealing with patients.
- Highly analytical mindset.
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Superior written and oral fluency in Kiswahili and English required. Oral fluency in local languages is important.
- Comfortable working in a dispersed team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel
- Superior communication skills, including proven listening skills, and ability to communicate appropriately in a medical setting.
- Ability and willingness to provide emotional support, encouragement and motivation to beneficiaries
- Ability to treat beneficiaries and partners with the highest degree of respect and discretion.
How To Apply