Anywair is seeking a Business Development Manager for the business located in Nairobi, Kenya.
The position is an opportunity for a passionate and fun individual keen to lead our pipeline on equipment leasing and asset finance.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (BDM) ROLE: Anywair is Africa’s pro-poor asset finance firm that enables small-scale entrepreneurs and households to enjoy capital goods without the constraints of accessibility and affordability. We provide both operational and capital leases for the last mile equipment.
We are a fast moving start-up, dealing in asset leasing of both Rent-to-Use and Rent-to-Own equipment.
We are looking for a compelling individual with a great sales personality, and a hunger to chase and close new business leads to head our business operations department.
The BDM will take over a mix of existing accounts and new sales territories.
S/he will be expected to initiate implementation, assign tasks to the relevant teams, build processes and manage relationships with line staff and clients.
1. Researching, planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives and business opportunities to increase clientele base, drive sales and explore viable revenue streams
2. Develop and maintain strong business relationships with key decision makers at Anywair in order to translate strategy to operations teams
3. Building and executing comprehensive account plans that deliver desired customer awareness
4. Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones and establishing a rapport
5. Leading negotiations, developing quotes and proposals for existing and potential clients
6. Developing growth strategies and plans and ensuring that they’re met
7. Conduct competitive analysis
8. Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
9. Following industry trends locally and internationally and guiding strategy development
1. Have an in-depth knowledge of the equipment/asset leasing business and value proposition
2. 3+ years of experience in financial services, business operations or marketing, with a relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
3. Demonstrated excellent understanding of strategies for growth acceleration, with expertise in one or more of the following areas: business finance, business planning and strategy, sales and marketing, product development.
4. Excellent business knowledge and judgment. Quick to analyze gaps and opportunities within a business and sketch the best way forward.
5. A systems builder who is process-oriented. S/he will be required to build structures for the operations team as Anywair grows.
6. Ability to make things happen. Has a proven track record of meeting targets on time and within budget.
7. A team player, fun, creative, solutions-oriented, and willing to put in the time it takes to do a great job.
8. Available immediately upon receiving a job offer.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of day 30th April 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will receive communication from Anywair.
Candidates are required to provide a minimum of three written references from their referees in addition to resume including work experience and academic records.