VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: QUALITATIVE FIELD INTERVIEWERS
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy relevant multidisciplinary research.
Our research addresses important development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization and wellbeing.
Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policy makers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions, and improve the quality of life in Africa.
The APHRC invites applications for Qualitative Field Interviewers in its Global RECAP Project, to be conducted in Nairobi, Mombasa, and Baringo counties between July and August 2021.
The main aim of the qualitative survey is to assess the frequency, nature and the influence of marketing and advertisement of food and beverages to children.
- A first degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Anthropology, Social Sciences or a closely related field.
- Fluent in English and Swahili, both oral and written form.
- Have proven experience and skills in qualitative research work.
- Can facilitate interviews and group discussions in English and Swahili.
- Have experience in note taking during qualitative interviews.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have excellent computer skills and proficiency using smart phones and electronic gadgets.
- Experience conducting virtual/ online interviews will be an added advantage.
- Residence in the study areas and knowledge of local languages will be an added advantage.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Moderate/ facilitate qualitative interviews with various people at national, county/sub county and community level.
2. Take notes and compile comprehensive qualitative interview debriefing notes.
3. Hold debrief discussions and exploration of ideas between the interviewers and the investigators.
4. Prepare data collection progress updates and reports.
5. Other related activities assigned by the supervisor and project manager.
The candidates should be:
1. Residents of one of the three study areas listed above: Nairobi, Mombasa, and Baringo, (area of residence should be clearly indicated in the CV or cover letter).
2. Be prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the data collection.
3. Flexible and available to work odd hours (when necessary), under minimal supervision.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications including a Cover letter and CV with contacts of three referees by June 16, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate on the subject line of the email “Qualitative Field Interviewer- Global RECAP Project.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC and Flexi Personnel are equal opportunity employers and are committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.