VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: QUALITATIVE FIELD INTERVIEWERS
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya.
APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC invites applications for Qualitative Field Interviewers to carry out qualitative data collection activities for the Low Cost Private Schools Study in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out in-depth interviews.
- Assisting in reviewing the instruments for data collection for completeness, consistency and flow.
- Operating tape recorder and taking notes.
- Clearly labelling the tapes with the date, place and time of focus group discussions before starting. Ensuring that key issues outlined in research instruments are completed to the satisfaction of the Center officer in charge.
- Taking notes of each comment made, listing the initial of the person making the comment including notes on the questions or comments posed by the moderator while catching distinctive phrases word for word and the sense of each comment as well as non-verbal responses.
- Transcribing each tape exactly as the words are spoken on it.
- Assisting the moderator to write a report.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor and other project personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Development studies or related disciplines.
- Ability to conduct interviews in both English and Swahili.
- Must have experience in conducting in-depth interviews.
- Must have experience in transcription.
- Be prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the data collection.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application including a cover letter and CV with contacts of three referees, by June 9th 2021, to: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please indicate on the subject line of the email ‘Qualitative Field Interviewer – Low Cost Private Schools Study’.
PLEASE NOTE APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC and Flexi Personnel are equal opportunity employers and committed to the protection of vulnerable persons