Vacancy Announcement: Quantitative Field Interviewers for The HBCC Project
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy relevant multidisciplinary research.
Our research addresses important development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization, and wellbeing.
Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policy makers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions, and improve the quality of life in Africa.
The APHRC invites applications for Quantitative Field Interviewers in its Hygiene and Behaviour Change Coalition (HBCC) Project that will be conducted in Nairobi, Embu, Homabay and Taita Taveta counties.
The project seeks to evaluate inclusiveness, effectiveness, and outcome of HBCC interventions for persons with disabilities and older people on programmes designed by two implementing partners in Embu, Homa Bay and Taita Taveta counties, Kenya.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct interviews on all recruited study participants;
- Moderate / facilitate quantitative interviews with community members in the study area;
- Administer observation checklists in different setups;
- Prepare data collection progress report and updates in liaison with the project team;
- Keep updated records of assigned work;
- Assist the research team members in other project-related activities.
- Have completed secondary education and possess a minimum grade C Plain in KCSE;
- Have proven experience in data collection;
- Have experience in recruiting study participants;
- Able to facilitate remote interviews;
- Have strong communication skills;
- Have experience in administering observation checklists;
- Available to work full time on the project for the duration of the study;
- Must be a resident of Taita Taveta, Embu, Homabay or Nairobi counties;
- Must be a fluent speaker of Kitaita, Kiembu, Dholuo and Swahili.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications including a cover letter (indicating your county and sub county) and CV with contacts of three referees by October 18, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate on the subject line of the email “Quantitative Field Interviewer- HBCC Project.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC and Flexi Personnel are equal opportunity employers and are committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.