VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: QUANTITATIVE FIELD INTERVIEWERS
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya.
APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC invites applications for Quantitative Field Interviewers to carry out quantitative data collection activities for the Low Cost Private Schools Study in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Administer interviews on all students/study participants assigned;
2. Identification and enumeration of households with participants meeting the study inclusion criteria;
3. Keep updated records and databases of assigned work;
4. Complete collection of data, edit and submit all interviews for cross-checking and verification by the supervisor;
5. Where need be, write and submit update reports; and
6. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor and other project personnel.
1. Must have a KCSE Certificate; Grade C Plain.
2. Proven experience in quantitative research data collection.
3. Have strong interpersonal skills and communications skills- fluent in English and Swahili, both written and oral form.
4. Familiarity and proficiency in using smart phones, tablets and/electronic gadgets for quantitative data collection, particularly use of Survey CTO or Open Data Kit (ODK).
5. Experience in conducting interviews with varied audiences (children, adolescents and households).
6. Be familiar with and proficient in computer applications including use of MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
7. Be a resident of one of the four study sites: Kibra, Mathare, Korogocho and Viwandani (slums/informal/poor areas). The area of residence should be clearly indicated in the CV or cover letter.
8. Must be available full time for training and during the entire data collection period.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application including a cover letter and CV with contacts of three referees, by June 9th 2021, to: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please indicate on the subject line of the email ‘Quantitative Field Interviewer – Low Cost Private Schools Study’.
PLEASE NOTE APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC and Flexi Personnel are equal opportunity employers and committed to the protection of vulnerable persons