Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group’s capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group’s operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
The Application Developer shall design and code functional programs and applications. The Developer will have excellent knowledge of at least two programming languages. They must be familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms. The ideal candidate will also have an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail. The goal is to write “clean” and flawless code to produce fully functional software applications according to requirements.
- Understand business requirements and how they translate to application features.
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications.
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications.
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines.
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch.
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features.
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code.
- Tech Stack: JAVA, Spring, CAMEL, React, JSON, Mongo d
- CI/CD and DevOps Principles adherence and utilization.
- Prepare and execute all phases of the Agile Scrum to agreed standards and specifications.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University degree from a recognized institution preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- JAVA programming certification.
- Certification in Cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, Openshift etc.
- 3 years’ experience in Technology with at least 2 years’ experience in developing enterprise grade highly scalable Java based applications.
- Application development experience using any of the following technologies:
Java 1.8+, Spring Framework, Apache Camel, Spring Boot, Restful Services (JAX-RS), REST and SOAP API, Java Testing Frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, PowerMockito), Microservices, JPA/JDBI, Openshift.
- Good understanding of continuous integration tools such as GIT, Jenkins, XLR etc.
- Extensive experience in Java development, RESTFUL web services, JPA, and unit testing code coverage.
- Able to work with a variety of customers and collaborate with technical teams.
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21 September. 2021