Vacancy Announcement: CEO
Background: The Association of Startup & SMEs Enablers of Kenya (ASSEK) is a business membership organization operating in Kenya that aims to bring together and represent the interests of organizations supporting the development and growth of startups and SMEs for maximum impact.
Assek is recruiting a CEO.
The CEO will work alongside a committed Board, team of colleagues and partner organizations in the delivery of our mission and vision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, communicate, lead and implement the vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Fundraising planning and implementation.
- Effectively manages the human resources of the organization.
- Create, improve, implement and enforce policies and procedures.
- Responsible for operational and financial effectiveness of the company.
- Maintain communication with and reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Manage and oversee projects and programs and ensures compliance.
- Represent the Association in the ecosystem activities and events.
- Ensure excellent working relationships with the Kenyan government, media, donors/sponsors and other stakeholders.
- Oversee ASSEK’s image, brand and public relations.
- Develop organization wide performance measurement and impact assessment indicators.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Holds an MBA or Master’s degree from a recognized university
- A bachelor degree with at least 10 years working experience in an NGO or large institution.
- Have satisfactorily served in a senior management position for a minimum of 5 years.
- Proven track record in resource mobilization and management
- Proven people management and leadership skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Have a high degree of integrity and dependability.
- Proven ability in relationship building through negotiations and networking;
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Result -driven approach and ability to liaise and leverage at senior level
- Ability to work independently and perform well under pressure.
- Demonstrate ability to identify and network with donors, members and government agencies
- In-depth understanding of project management/programming issues and policy work
How to Apply
To apply fill in this google form https://forms.gle/TXHRExj4NrJT68bb8 by 7th May 2021.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Assek is an equal opportunity employer.