Vacancy Announcement: Head of Programs
Background: The Association of Startup & SMEs Enablers of Kenya (ASSEK) is a business membership organization operating in Kenya that aims to bring together and represent the interests of organizations supporting the development and growth of startups and SMEs for maximum impact.
Assek is recruiting a Head of Programs.
He/she will report to the CEO and will be responsible for project and stakeholder management, proposals and contracts, program design and procurement support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tasked with implementation of the business plans and the day-to-day delivery of programs and operational support.
- Translate the internal Project Management Standards into actionable Program Management to ensure that all projects, both concurrent and longitudinal, are standardized in their execution and quality.
- Build Partnership by identifying and creating alignments between organizations and with governments, developing mutually beneficial partnerships across the International and local players.
- Craft proposals and reports to potential donors, partners.
- Ensure compliance with the donors’ requirements and legal requirements in creating contracts.
- Collect data from members and the ecosystem to identify opportunities and challenges.
- Ensure adequate and effective communication of Strategic Programs to all the stakeholders.
- Oversee the effective design, management and delivery of all programming.
- Propose and develop innovative approaches and programs that help offer solution.
- Oversee budgetary accountability for projects, ensuring alignment and coordination.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Must have at least a Bachelors degree.
- At least 5 years’ experience in representation with donors, government and internal and external stakeholder with demonstrated track record in business development.
- Strong experience in donor reporting, designing, setting up and coordinating, monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment and processes.
- Proven track record of developing strategies, management of programmes, achieving key objectives and delivering core outputs.
- Leadership and Management experience in leading and developing projects.
- Successful proposal writing and program development.
- Good planning skills.
- Have a high degree of integrity and dependability.
- Performance oriented.
How to Apply
To apply fill in this google form https://forms.gle/VAnyFoBmVii1a8dv7 by 7th May 2021.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Assek is an equal opportunity employer.