Vacancy Announcement: Member Engagement Officer
Background: The Association of Startup & SMEs Enablers of Kenya (ASSEK) is a business membership organization operating in Kenya that aims to bring together and represent the interests of organizations supporting the development and growth of startups and SMEs for maximum impact.
Assek is recruiting a Member Engagement Officer.
He/she will report to the CEO and will be responsible for recruitment, CRM, communication, events, and procurement support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the delivery of campaigns to recruit new members
- Implement systems to identify individuals with a high propensity to engage with ASSEK with the aim of recruiting them as members
- Ensure that the membership offering is clearly presented through multiple channels
- Research and acquire opportunities to promote membership
- Develop membership retention strategies and targets
- To manage member recognition programmes and renewal systems
- Internal champion for the CRM database, using it in recruitment
- Responsible for member communications in line with ASSEK brand guidelines
- Develop and deliver membership marketing campaigns across all channels
- Planning and delivery of members’ events and develop a regular programme of activities
- Accountable to the finance team for the Membership budget, spend and forecasting
- Synthesize membership data into comprehensive reports
Qualifications / Requirements
- Holds a degree or diploma in development studies, communication or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in membership management, stakeholder engagement, strategic communications, advocacy or related field.
- Practical and thorough knowledge and understanding of managing a membership scheme, with experience of leading a membership or loyalty scheme and CRM systems.
- Experience of delivering multi-channel marketing campaigns including digital marketing tools
- Ability to analyse data and develop information into reports for wider dissemination
- Knowledge of Kenya Data Protection, and other legislation
How to Apply
To apply fill in this google form https://forms.gle/XQx3E32vGJa6jm5y5 by 7th May 2021.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Assek is an equal opportunity employer.