We are Hiring!
Our client in the manufacturing industry is seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Assistant Chief Accountant
Job Summary: The Assistant Chief Accountant will be in charge of all accounting activities of both financial and management accounting.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, he/she will be responsible for preparing financial and performance reports, assisting departments with annual budgets and reviews, internal controls, and tax studies.
Main Responsibilities of Job
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting roles e.g. forecasting, budgeting, etc.
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations;
- Ensure that all accounting records are maintained i.e. ledgers and subsidiary books of accounts;
- Preparation of financial statements and ensure timely closing of accounts;
- The continuous audit of all accounts, records, and transactions;
- Approving all disbursement vouchers;
- Check banking is done daily and correctly;
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting, and working closely with the operations in analyzing margins, variances, and cost analysis;
- Carry out surprise cash counts and ensuring a float file is maintained;
- Check bank reconciliation statements;
- Examine payroll, ensure unclaimed wages and service are banked;
- Prepare/supervise and review the month-end closing vouchers and accounts ensuring all journal vouchers are passed;
- Ensure that closing deadlines are adhered to;
- Ensure the audit file is updated monthly;
- Check all petty cash and cheque payment allocations and ensure they are properly allocated to the right accounts;
- Ensure insurance premiums and cover are renewed and adequate;
- Ensure all taxes are properly accrued and paid;
- Ensure smooth year-end closing with External Auditors which will include a detailed review of all balance sheet accounts in December of every year and any necessary adjustments;
- Adequate reserves and accruals are maintained during the year;
- Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring, and controls
- Implement the recommendations by both the internal and external audits of the follow-ups and corrections of the weak points raised;
- Ensure the company is adequately protected from a financial perspective;
- Instrumental in facilitating the auditing process and liaising with external auditors;
- Monitor the financial position, financial performance, and cash flows of the company;
- Check the company’s assets and liabilities that could affect its equity in the future.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in Finance or Accounting;
- CPA (K) or equivalent;
- Have 5 years of relevant work experience two (2) of which in a similar position preferably in a manufacturing environment;
- Hands-on experience on SAP;
- Ability to lead a team;
- Must be able to meet the demands of an ever-changing business environment;
- Critical mind in identifying and defining clearly the problem, evaluating different ideas or ways of solving the problem from the data gathered;
- Extensive knowledge in fast-paced technologies and accounting programs;
- Excellent mathematical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as leadership and administrative skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating the subject heading “ASSISTANT CHIEF ACCOUNTANT” clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.