Deloitte Consulting is a leading provider of innovative development solutions to U.S. and international donors, foundations, governments, and Fortune 500 companies. With member firm presence in more than 150 countries, we bring the power of a global firm and leverage our immense technical expertise and firm capabilities to bring integrated approaches to US Agency for International Development.
Our Client, National Housing Corporation (NHC) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament Cap. 117 whose mandate is to implement the Government’s Housing Policies and Programmes. NHC is seeking to recruit results-driven and highly motivated individuals to fill the following exciting and challenging positions of Assistant Corporate Communications Officer .
The Corporate Communications Unit of the Corporation serves the following functions: promotion of the Corporation’s image, advising management on communication and PR issues, managing the Corporation’s communication resources, overseeing information exchange with the public and other stakeholders, preparing communication and public relations strategies, directing and controlling the implementation of communications and public relations policies, systems and procedures, and, overseeing and coordinating all branding activities.
Reporting to the Corporate Communications Officer, the Assistant Corporate Communications Officer will be responsible for the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the Corporation maintains an excellent corporate image internally, locally, and internationally and advising the Managing Director on the external communication strategy for the Corporation;
- Develop and implement the overall Corporation’s external communications policy;
- Assess and monitor all press/media reports on issues relevant to the Corporation and preparing responses thereto as well as coordinating all media coverage of the Corporation’s activities and events;
- Organize interviews and briefs between the media and Management and prepare presentations on the corporate objectives of the Corporation;
- Take charge of protocol matters including the coordinating of all reception(s), Board and Management travel, tours, and customer care under guidance from the Corporate Communication Officer;
- Handle all publications, advertising, publicity and exhibitions, the printing of publicity and communication materials;
- Advice on corporate branding processes and coordinate activities; and
- Responsible for dissemination of information to all departments in the organization and drafting speeches for the Managing Director and the Board.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Relations or Journalism;
- Be a holder of a Postgraduate Diploma in Public Relations or Journalism;
- Have nine (9) years of experience in the field of public relations or journalism; and
- Have excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of computerized systems relevant to the position;
- A highly analytical individual with the ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and with the ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports;
- Demonstrate excellent managerial and leadership skills and an effective communicator;
- Personal integrity with good work ethics and knowledge of principles of good corporate governance; personal and
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the following additional requirements:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Remuneration & Employment Terms
Grade 08 – Gross: Ksh. 97,787 – 135,383 Per monthGrade month
All positions will be on a three (3) year renewable contract.
Successful candidates will be subject to performance contracting.