Deloitte Consulting is a leading provider of innovative development solutions to U.S. and international donors, foundations, governments, and Fortune 500 companies. With member firm presence in more than 150 countries, we bring the power of a global firm and leverage our immense technical expertise and firm capabilities to bring integrated approaches to US Agency for International Development.
Our Client, National Housing Corporation (NHC) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament Cap. 117 whose mandate is to implement the Government’s Housing Policies and Programmes. NHC is seeking to recruit results-driven and highly motivated individuals to fill the following exciting and challenging positions of Human Resource Officer I.
The Corporate Services Division consists of support sections made up of Administration and Human Resources. The overall responsibility of the Division is to ensure that appropriate strategies aimed at effectively and efficiently contributing to the achievement of the overall corporate performance at a macro level is attained: the Division provides advice to Management and the Board on all aspects of Human Resource management and administrative matters. It is also responsible for internal: capacity-building and development of the Corporation’s human capital; effective and timely recruitment, selection, and placement; providing administrative support services to ensure efficient operations in the Corporation.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resource Officer, the assistant Human Resource Officer will be responsible for Human Resource Management aspects which include the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare draft Management papers on Human Resource matters for deliberation in the Management Executive Committee;
- Compile reports for training and development and maintain a register on training for deliberation of the Management training committee;
- Responsible for compiling data on human resource records and maintaining a database thereof and updating the Corporation’s optimum establishment templates on a need basis;
- Prepare reports and folders for disciplinary committee meetings including grievances and disputes arising from performance appraisals and/or disciplinary cases;
- Review and proof-read indents and adverts prepared for purposes of on-boarding Human Resource capital in the Corporation;
- Undertake training evaluation and prepare reports to the Human Resource Officer responsible for training and development;
- Responsible for preparing correspondence relating to the enforcement of the Human Resource regulations in the NHC EPS Factory; and
- Handle correspondence and feedback to inquiries on staff matters and appraisals as directed
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration degree or equivalent from a recognized University;
- Possess a Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management, Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) or related equivalent;
- Be an Associate Member in good standing of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM); and
- Be conversant in the use of computerized Human Resource Management Information systems and MS office suite.
- Knowledge of computerized systems relevant to the position;
- A highly analytical individual with the ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and with the ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports;
- Demonstrate excellent managerial and leadership skills and an effective communicator;
- Personal integrity with good work ethics and knowledge of principles of good corporate governance; personal and
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the following additional requirements:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Remuneration & Employment Terms
Grade 08 – Gross: Ksh. 97,787 – 135,383 Per monthGrade month
All positions will be on a three (3) year renewable contract.
Successful candidates will be subject to performance contracting.