Our client, Umsizi LLP (www.umsizi.co.ke), is an established reputable firm of Advocates, Governance Advisors, Corporate Secretaries and Dispute Resolvers whose focus is to provide practical and timely legal solutions to entrepreneurs, innovators and disruptors in various sectors in Kenya.
Umsizi LLP is seeking to recruit dynamic, innovative, and result-oriented individuals to fill the following position in their Nairobi office:
The Associate will be responsible for the following duties under the tutelage of the Partners;
- Providing legal advice to the firm’s clients under the direction of the Partners including but not limited to: corporate matters, commercial matters, human resource matters, conveyancing, intellectual property, dispute resolution and corporate finance.
- Responding to clients’ queries and recommending an appropriate and practical course of action.
- Undertaking research on legal and governance matters.
- Undertaking tasks relating to governance audits, Partner’s development of Corporate Governance policies and structures, Board skills development and governance training, and facilitation of board evaluations.
- Preparing and circulating the Agenda for clients’ board, committee and shareholder meetings in consultation with the Partners.
- Taking and updating client minutes books, drafting resolutions and action plans and effecting all corporate actions.
- Maintaining all statutory registers as required by law and ‘best practice’ recommendations, and ensuring safe custody of clients’ corporate documents, corporate seals and seal registers.
- Effecting transfers of shares as directed, pursuant to the appropriate resolutions, and issuing shares certificate and payments of dividends.
- Working closely with the administration department in preparing invoices and ensuring outstanding client invoices are settled and Electronic Tax Receipts issued.
Key Qualifications and Experience.
- Must hold a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree from a recognised University and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law.
- Must have a current Practicing Certificate (2021).
- Must have at least two years’ post-qualification experience in a corporate commercial law firm or department.
- Must have commenced the Certified Secretaries Course, with at least one year’s experience in a busy company secretarial firm or department.
- Must have demonstrable experience with the Business Registration Service (BRS) system of the Companies Registry
- Associate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and Membership of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya shall be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward their current Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com stating the subject heading ‘ASSOCIATE’ by 16th May 2021 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
The position shall be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.