Vacant Position: Service Advisor
Location: Nairobi – Annex/Enterprise
Industry: Automotive Industry
Reporting to: Service Manager
Salary Range: Kshs 45,000 – 55,000
Job Summary: Our client in leading motor vehicle business is seeking to fill the position of a Service Advisor. They will
assist customers’ requests for repair and for maintenance service to ensure that the vehicle is fixed right the first time.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
1. Demonstrates the Customer First Behaviors in all interactions with customers and colleagues
2. Build rapport and qualifies the customer’s requirements
3. Agree details of the work to be carried out
4. Liaise with the Workshop Controller to obtain estimates and schedule work
5. Agree vehicle delivery/collection or makes courtesy car arrangements
6. Initiate and maintains accurate job and customer records and follow up systems
7. Keep records of warranty work in accordance with manufacturer and Dealership requirements
8. Ensure all work is carried out and charged for
9. Update the customer on progress and checks customer satisfaction on completion
10. Provide a warm welcome to customers and asks questions to build rapport and understand the customer’s
requirements, especially in distress situations (e.g. following an accident)
11. Ensure customers are aware of all available products and services
12. Apply understanding of the customer’s needs to guide them towards the product or service that will best meet
13. Book vehicles into the workshop, taking into account workshop utilization targets, job complexity and availability
of parts and materials
14. Seek and acts on opportunities to sell additional products, services and repair work
15. Initiate and maintains accurate job and customer records and follow up systems
16. Verify payment method in advance of work starting.
17. Input information into the workshop loading system
18. Communicate regularly with customer to update on workshop progress, agreeing any additional spend and
managing expectations regarding costs and timings
19. Fully explain invoices to the customer on completion of the work and checks understanding
20. Support the Service Manager and team to meet objectives
21. Work with colleagues across the Dealership to deliver improvements and provide a seamless service to
22. Work with colleagues across the Dealership to investigate and resolve customer complaints
23. Maintain a professional manner and high standards of personal presentation at all times
24. Use feedback to improve own skills and performance
25. Adhere to legal, environmental and health and safety requirements while ensuring the safety and security of
people, vehicles and property at all times, reporting any known faults or hazards
26. Ensure own work area, vehicles and clothing are kept clean, tidy and in a safe condition in order to uphold dealer
1. Effective communication to customers.
2. Update correct vehicle and vehicle record with next service interval as well as update customer record
3. Follow up all Occupation Safety & Health requirements procedures
4. Record all job written approval evidence with job card.
5. Vehicle has to be delivered on promised time if it is getting delayed/ or if it is not able to meet commitments
immediately bring it to service managers notice
6. Follow up 48 hours booking /repicking process and record mobility evidence
7. Update driver’s circle concerns immediately /effectively with support of service manager
8. Ensure customer feedback is accurately captured
9. Identify possible strengths and weaknesses in customer experience at dealership.
10. Coordinate customer complaints process
11. Identify possible trends and repeats in customer complaint and recommend possible action plan
12. Any other duties assigned from time to time
Qualification and experience required
- Diploma in mechanics or a related field.
- Good communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Customer Relation Skills
- Experience in working in a Service Centre
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in Automotive field.
- Working knowledge and experience of Automotive products, repairs and parts.
Style and culture fit:
- Strong customer focus.
- Able to interact effectively with others.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Self-starter, able to solve problems without asking – recognizing when to ask if necessary.
- Flexible approach to work and people and adaptability to a changing workplace environment.
To apply send your CV to email@example.com by 23rd September 2021.
Indicating Service Advisor on the Mail subject.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.