Community Health Officer Job, Latest County Government Jobs, Social Work Jobs April,
Pursuant to Article 235 (1) (b) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Section 59 (1) (b), of The County Governments Act No.17, 2012, The County Public Service Board of Busia invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill vacant positions in the Department of Health and sanitation, as follows:
COMMUNITY HEALTH OFFICER II J/G J– ONE (1) POST-V/NO.10/2021
This will be the entry and training grade for this cadre. Duties and Responsibilities at this level will include: identifying common ailments and minor injuries at the community level for appropriate action; identifying and referring health cases to the appropriate health facilities; coordinating community health activities; collating health data from household level for analysis; sensitizing and disseminating health information to the community; identifying defaulters of health interventions and referring them to appropriate health facilities; convening meetings for dialogue and action days in collaboration with other stakeholders; and requisitioning refills of the community health workers kits.
For appointment into this grade, an officer must have:-
- Bachelor degree in any of the following disciplines: Community Health and Development, Public Health, Environmental health, Epidemiology, Sociology, psychology, Anthropology, Counseling, Social Work, Community Development, Nutrition, Health Systems Management, Health Education/Promotion or population and Health from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution;
Terms: Permanent and pensionable
- Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic
- The County Government of Busia is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Copy of Identity (ID) Card
- Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates
- Copies of Registration Certificate from the relevant professional bodies(where applicable) (iv)Copies of Practicing License from the relevant Regulatory Body (where applicable)
- Computer Packages Certificate
- Mandatory Additional requirements (Chapter VI documents of the constitution of Kenya 2010)
- VALID Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- VALID Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Clearance Certificate
- VALID Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance Certificate
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Self-Declaration Form
- Credit Reference Bureau(CRB)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications attaching copies of their certificates and testimonials and send to the undersigned on or before 17th May, 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)