At Heritage where we provide short term insurance products, we pride ourselves on our history of claims payment. This was recently recognized when we won the award for Outstanding Insurance Underwriter in Claims Settlement as nominated by members of the Association of Insurance Brokers of Kenya. We are also rated AA- by Global Rating Company (GRC), for amongst other reasons, our high claims paying ability. This is one of the highest international ratings awarded to a Kenyan insurer.
We are a leading Insurance Company, affiliated to the Liberty Group, a wealth management company represented in 18 African countries. We use our knowledge and action to guide our customers on their journey to financial freedom. We believe in responding to the changing consumer and market needs through innovative solutions and technologically efficient processes.
The job holder will be responsible for driving implementation of the sales strategy for the bancassurance channel to ensure achievement of the department’s strategy.
- Identify bancassurance business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals within the company’s quality business guidelines to increase the market share.
- Drive achievement of the annual, quarterly and monthly production budget targets.
- Manage quality of business, productivity and overall sales performance.
- Build robust relationships with assigned bank agencies/ intermediaries.
- Provide accurate and competitive quotations for all the products lines and ensure they are delivered promptly to banks and prospective clients.
- Build up detailed knowledge about the company’s products and keep abreast of market conditions and developments.
- Conduct continuous product training for assigned bancassurance agencies.
- Manage and maintain existing bancassurance client relationships to identify opportunities for cross selling, areas of growth and new business acquisition.
- Exploit synergy with other Group companies to grow business.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure customer instructions are executed within the set timelines to enhance levels of customer satisfaction, increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization.
- Manage direct sales relationships through assigned banks.
- Actively monitor customer preference and enhance business retention by offering solutions and services that meet or predict the existing clients’ future needs.
- Ensure credit control policy is adhered to in respect to business onboarded.
- Prepare timely, accurate, informative reports on performance of the distribution channel.
- Ensure the company works only with properly licensed bancassurance agencies with ethical practices.
- Continuously utilize quotation module in PAS for delivery of the department’s objectives.
- Implement the Treat Customers Fairly (TCF) guidelines in Sales and Distribution.
- 2 years experience in the insurance or Financial services industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Insurance, Economics, Actuarial Science or other business-related discipline.
- Progress towards Diploma in Insurance (ACII or AIIK), (at least 3 papers or equivalent).
- Sales and marketing skills.
- Insurance product knowledge.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Understanding of insurance operations and concepts.
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of underwriting processes, procedures and concepts.
- Knowledge of bancassurance operations.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 7 September. 2021