Vacant Position: Category Manager
Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world.
The Middle East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25 000 employees from 70 nationalities.
They are seeking to recruit a Category sourcing Manager.
Job Purpose: The Category sourcing Manager is responsible for coordinating with buyers as well as supporting purchases for MAF Retail. The role holder is also responsible for assisting with selection and examining products that get to store shelves, in catalogues, and online.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement effective strategies for sourcing goods and maintaining desired stock levels.
- Research and review new products to meet company’s goals.
- Prepare and review purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Research and suggest new suppliers with long-term cost savings or quality improvement.
- Implement methods to reduce shortages and overstocking through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
Tender and Negotiation
- Engage in souring the best quality products for competitive prices aligned with the organizations objectives.
- Manage the issuances of tenders and RFQs to the market in coordination with the relevant business users within MAF Retail.
- Implement negotiation strategies to secure profitable deals.
- Stay abreast of shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers.
- Develop a cost scenario analysis, and benchmarking for the sourcing function when required.
- Identify profitable suppliers and initiate partnerships
- Cultivate relationships with existing and future suppliers.
- Develop and provide inputs on the risk evaluation of existing and future supply contracts.
- Identify trustworthy vendors and suppliers to develop future partnerships with
- Utilize network to expand supplier base and attend trade shows to identify new product trends and potential suppliers.
- Develop reports on key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Control spending and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Follow all required policies and procedures related to quality assurance of sourced items.
- Ensure regular supplier audits are implemented.
- Oversee communication with suppliers on quality related issues and propose areas for improvement to ensure best quality products.
- Report any action that might interfere with the proper functioning of the company.
Coordination with Internal Stakeholders
- Communicate with Sales Development frequently to better understand the needs of MAF Retail.
- Develop database of key trends in consumer retail.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the sourcing function.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management.
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles.
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements.
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team.
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan.
- Ensure the implementation of MAF Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures.
Minimum Qualifications / Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration.
- Minimum experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- 2+ year experience in Retail.
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Strong people management skills
- Strong business communication and presentation skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com by 14th May 2021.
N.B. Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for placement.