Vacant Position: Pricing Manager
Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world.
The Middle East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25 000 employees from 70 nationalities.
They are seeking to recruit a Pricing Manager.
Job Purpose: The Pricing Manager is responsible for the proper incorporation of the price in the pricing mix being aligned with the company strategy in order to meet the set targets and to remain competitive in the market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop/review policies, procedures and processes of Pricing, manage pricing procedure, enhance processes and improve efficiency to ensure timely response to market conditions.
- Determine the feasibility and the optimal pricing for new products, thus working closely with the sourcing team.
- Monitor pricing to ensure the objectives are achieved, analyse financial impact of price approach in view of overall history and take corrective measures.
- Ensure proper price positioning of Private labels (chaining and cloning)
- Be a role model and ensure the application of Majid Al Futtaim Retail corporate policies and guarantee the implementation of all laws, regulations and cultural practices of the operating countries are followed and respected.
- Practices the company values and Guarantees the same is respected and followed by the department team members.
- Setting particular objectives for the direct reports – once a year – which are in-line with the company and department targets.
- Carrying out performance analysis with regular feedback to direct reports.
- Identify employees with high potential, growth and proposes further development.
- Identify and recommend training needs for the team and follow up on the implementation.
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team.
- Responsible for the Performance Management of the team
- Monitor competitors’ prices for similar products and recommend / take corrective actions.
- Ensure that the price is following the Margin Mix and its proper incorporation with the commercial strategy.
- Review the pricing analysis on a monthly basis and work on the development of the price sensitivity list.
- Review the sensitivity report to analyse the reaction of direct competitors.
- Monitor and analyse the sections/department profitability for every pricing strategy (different zones or clusters)
- Prepare, communicate & control “Locked Price Basket” sent to Ministry of Economy.
- Receive new cost price update from suppliers and implement its new selling prices taking into consideration price.
- Blocking selling prices of specific categories (e.g. Cigarettes, Make-Up) in order to secure margins
- Define direct competitors of each store and communicate a clear schedule of the pricing survey.
- Define the “Mass Margin” and the margin by Family/Sub Family taking into consideration category role to ensure high profitability by remaining competitive.
- Set appropriate control mechanism to ensure budget compliance and take corrective measures when necessary.
- Respect the procedures in accordance with the DOA
- Propose and take necessary measures towards continuous reduction of the operational costs.
Minimum Qualifications / Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce / Finance or Marketing
- Minimum experience
- 8+ years professional experience.
- 5+ year experience in Retail preferable as store Manager.
- Good Communication and Presentation Skills
- Computer proficiency: – MS Office
- Time Management
- General Product Knowledge is an advantage
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th May 2021.
N.B. Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for placement.