Job Title: Service Operations Support Engineer
Cellulant is the leading one-stop digital payments company in Africa operating in 10 markets i.e. Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Mozambique: providing the glue connecting everyone to everything, every day.
To do this we are looking for qualified, passionate, dynamic, and vibrant people to drive our strategy and agenda.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level technical support to ensure efficient and effective solution operation.
- Responsible for solution monitoring, troubleshooting tasks and providing technical support in adherence to the established procedures.
- Be the primary point of contact for all SLA customers which involves continuously seeking solutions for current issues, proactively improving processes and tools while building people’s technical capacity to deliver on the team’s goals
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the performance of services to clients as per agreed contract and ensure that unplanned downtimes are eliminated and/or their impact reduced.
- Incident management: Fast and accurate detection and resolution of system and application issues to meet customer SLA.
- System and application maintenance in high-availability production environments.
- Accurate ticketing for all issues while ensuring timely and proper communication to all stakeholders at all times.
- Analyze recurring and intermittent system and application problems.
- Timely escalation and follow through of support issues
- Solution monitoring to aid in faster issue detection and diagnosis.
- Knowledge management for the support team through the identification of knowledge gaps.
- Contributing towards training and forums for team Knowledge sharing.
- Training of new employees.
Qualifications for the role
- At least 2 years’ experience working within a busy IT Service desk environment.
- Proficiency in Linux, MySQL is mandatory.
- Working knowledge of databases, networks and security standards and application development is a clear advantage.
- Deep experience of common service desk and monitoring tools such as Nagios, Cacti, Newrelic, Zabbix or equivalent.
- Experience with automated systems, scripting, software development disciplines like python, php, Puppet, Terraform, Ansible.
- Ability to win in a highly collaborative environment.
- Working knowledge of Information Service Management industry standards such as ISO 20000, ITILv3/4
- BS in Computer Science or related industry/field or equivalent experience (IT, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Information Systems, telecommunications).
- Certification ITIL v3/4 will be an added advantage.
Key Performance Indicators
- Prompt detection of the support issues.
- Quick and accurate troubleshooting and diagnosis of issues.
- Timely ticket resolution and closure within SLA.
- Adequate relevant knowledge in delivering service.
- Accurate assignment and escalation of service issues
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Hiring will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.