The Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a local indigenous umbrella of Faith-Based organizations that is supporting HIV/TB, Prevention, Care and treatment interventions in 78 Faith-Based and Affiliated Health Facilities distributed across 19 counties in Kenya.
This is through the CDC funded CHAK-CHAP Uzima Program that is currently funded until 29th September 2022.
The Christian Health Association of Kenya is looking for a high calibre self-driven individual to fill the position of Data Demand and Information Use (DDIU) Specialist to be based in the program Nairobi office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
This will include but not be limited to:
- Instil a culture of data demand and use, including the provision of routine high-level statistical analyses for program evidence-based decision making and adaptability
- Develop and continuously update program performance dashboards for key program indicators and continuous quality improvement indicators
- Strengthen use of visualization and analytics, at program county and facility level to improve program performance, data quality and use
- Lead and conduct capacity building activities on data use and Data Quality Assurance /Quality Improvement in CHAK and CHAP Uzima project
- Oversee data upload into MOH and PEPFAR reporting platforms through instance automation.
- Ensure DDIU Trend analysis are routinely disseminated and encourage use of them at both central, regional and health facilities’ levels
- Conduct data analysis for patient level data for abstract and manuscript development for presentation in local and international conferences, publications
- Take lead in conducting data quality audit (DQA) at program, regional and facility level
- Provide technical support on Strategic Information including EMR, mHealth applications, reports, talking walls and consumption dashboard
- Provide inputs and technical support in design and deployment of HMIS and M&E Tools
- Develop data collection tools for disease surveillance using ODK and RedCap
- Support operational research activities at the project level
- Provide routine M&E support for program supported facilities within Nairobi and Murang’a counties
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics or a related field, Masters an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in data analysis and visualization
- Excellent data management and analysis skills using statistical packages (R STATA, SAS)
- Knowledge of PEPFAR Monitoring and Evaluation requirements
- Proven expertise in use of visualization and analytical platforms such as Power BI, Tableau, Excel, DHIS2
- Demonstrated experience working in HIV Programming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
Applications with detailed CV with names & contacts of 3 referees and copies of relevant professional certificates should be sent to CHAK Secretariat by post or Email using the contacts below.
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO Nairobi
Tel. (020)4441920 / 0733-334419
The closing date for receiving all applications is 15th May 2021.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Disclaimer: Applicants are advised that Christian Health Association of Kenya neither requires applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process nor has it retained any agent in connection with recruitment.