The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
This role is responsible for Co-ordinating and overseeing revenue performance within the County Revenue Division.
- Spearhead and coordinate all revenue activities in the County Revenue Division
- Monitor and analyze revenue in all revenue streams across the 17 sub-counties and 85 wards.
- Develop revenue enhancement strategies, policies and co-ordinate their implementation in all the sub-counties.
- Oversee the implementation of County policies and statutory regulations on revenue across all the sub counties.
- Oversee, coordinate and manage all county revenue staff in line with set policies and procedures.
- Set revenue targets for the respective revenue streams and sub counties.
- Ensure county Revenue Division set targets are achieved.
- Identify new and potential revenue sources for the county.
- Provide professional leadership and guidance to CRD revenue staff.
- Monitor performance within the Division.
- Prepare and present County Revenue Division reports.
- Organizing stakeholder engagements.
- Debt Management
- Coordinate Revenue Meetings
- Management of funds, equipment and other facilities allocated.
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the Division: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the Division.
- Ensure the county has an optimal and updated customer and revenue base.
- Ensure customer and revenue base expansion.
- Day-to-day operations, supervision and development of staff in the Division.
A degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics or relevant field from a recognized institution
- Relevant Tax Training
- Management Training
- Leadership Training
Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a similar role of which three (3) should be at Managerial Level.
- People management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Results driven and analytical
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Business understanding
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st May, 2021