Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development. Specific areas we work in include: Health Education and workforce development Climate change and the environment Food security and agriculture Housing and communities Survey and data collection
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Chief of Party (COP) to lead the USAID RISE Cross-border Resilience Program. The COP will be responsible for collaboratively creating and implementing a strategic, long-term programmatic vision and for providing overall technical leadership and management for the program. The COP will directly manage several individuals and oversee the implementation of the program with multiple partners and staff in the field with support from the headquarters office. S/he will be the main point of contact with USAID, public and private sector partners, other international organizations working in the resilience and livelihoods sector, and Abt Associates’ home office. The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, and is contingent upon project award.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Overall leadership, management and strategic direction for the program
- Serves as the primary liaison with USAID, other key US Governments organizations, private sector institutions, senior government officials and counterparts, and the donor community
- Supervise the project’s technical team to ensure a focus on core results, achievements of annual work plan and targets, and timely/effective implementation
- Leads collaboration with partners and staff in the field in the regions specified
- Monitors the progress and pace of project implementation, assuring that the full potential of the program is realized through the promotion of high-quality work and internal controls
- Responsible for all project deliverables and reporting
- Serve as the main point of contact with Abt Associates’ home office
- A Master’s degree relating to resilience, livelihood programming, policy, climate, food security, famine, and/or community engagement
- 15 years of experience managing international development projects as a senior manager, especially in resilience, livelihood programming, climate, food security, famine, and conflict.
- Prior USAID COP or DCOP experience preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working in crisis/fragile areas, preferably in East Africa
- Knowledge of and experience with food market systems in East Africa and good understanding of regional organizations working in food security, livelihoods, early warning, and resilience (IGAD, FEWS NET, EAC
- Good understanding of the regional economic and political context
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and leadership skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships and motivate subordinates
- Fluency in English required
Bachelor’s Degree + Fifteen years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or PhD + Ten years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 26th May, 2021