One of our Clients in the Oil and Gas Industry is looking for qualified and experience person to take up the role of a Chief Operation Officer (COO).
Reporting to the Executive Director, the COO will have the primary responsibility of leading the day-to-day operations of the business.
He/She will be based in Kenya but manage other countries (South Sudan, DRC, Tanzania) and coordinate with UAE office in accordance with the strategic plan and operating and capital budgets.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the business
- Develop, in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), an annual operating plan that supports the Business’s long term operations strategy.
- Assist the Executive Director and the CFO in developing and overseeing the long term business strategies of the Corporation.
- Assist the Executive Director in overseeing the Business’ achievement and maintenance of a satisfactory competitive position within its industry;
- Keep the Executive Director fully informed in a timely and candid manner of the conduct of the day-today operations of the Business towards the achievement of its established goals and of all material deviations from the goals or objectives and policies established by the Board.
- With respect to operational matters, ensure communications, resolution of issues and project development.
- Ensure the development of health and safety practices for the Business and oversee compliance with those practices.
- Be available to brief the Executive Director on operational matters for review in advance of meetings of the Board.
- As may be requested by the Board, attend Board meetings and its Committees and present the information necessary or relevant to the Board or such Committee for discharging its duties.
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, customer focus and service and encourages individual integrity.
- Maintain a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels.
- Coordinate the sustainability strategies of the Business.
- Assess and manage the principal risks of the business within operations (proposals, projects and staffing).
- Provide technical direction and guidance as well as hands-on operations management for all countries
- Holder of Degree in Business Administration or Bsc Engineering or any other related field. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- 20 Years and above in Oil and Gas experience 10 of which should be in senior Leadership roles.
- Proven track record in Operations Management
- Proven track record in developing and implementing Operations System, policies, processes and procedures
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Strong Financials and budgeting Skills
- Internal and External Client Management Skills
- In depth understanding of process improvement and optimization disciplines, tools and techniques
- Demonstrate team building and management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communications
If you are interested and fit the above qualifications, please but urgently send your CV to email@example.com