Title: Director HR,
Div/Dept: Global Human Resource
Reporting Relationship: Global HR Business Partner and Practice Lead
Deadline for Applications: June 3,2021
This position is responsible for leading HR Service delivery in Kenya Country Office. The position will work closely with the Country Director and the Senior Management Team to drive HR Strategy in line with the Country Strategic Plan and Annual Operating Plans. The position will collaborate with the Global HR Service Representation for delivery of services through the Global Shared Service.
ChildFund International is committed to a workplace culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Furthermore, ChildFund International is committed to ensuring a workplace that safeguards and protects all children, including preventing their sexual exploitation and abuse, as well as preventing the sexual exploitation and abuse of its staff, partners, and program participants.
Strategy (Global and Country – CSP AOP)
• Support the process of Country Strategic Plan and Annual Planning across Cos, including workforce planning
• Lead HR Strategic Planning in the Kenya country office
• Provide inputs and recommendations to Global HR Planning and Strategy Development
• Acts as a Champion in leading various Organizational Development, Change and Innovation initiatives
• Responsible for recruitment of CO level positions with support from HR Global Shared Services.
• Review and Create JDs, Develop Recruitment Strategy, Review and Screen Applications, Create, Make, and Negotiate formal employment offer,
• Responsible for end to end Employee Experience in the Country Office including following;
- oversee CO Onboarding process
- Facilitate benefits orientation for CO staff
o oversee a CO Off boarding process
o Conduct and Analyse Exit Interview for CO staff
o Employee Engagement
- Responsible for the development and execution of Country Office Engagement Action Plan working in collaboration with the SMT in Kenya Country Office**
o Performance Management
- Implement and monitor the Country Performance Management Process in line with Global Performance Management Strategy
- Support the process of Performance Improvement Planning working with respective managers
- Facilitate Training on Performance Management
Learning & Development
• Work with the country offices to conduct a training need analysis on specific organizational and personal development interventions
• Responsible for implementing learning and development plans for all CO staff.
• This includes advising key management and personnel development programs such as technical, management/leadership and professional development.
• Facilitate GHR training interventions and follow up as needed
• Develop and facilitate training around key policy and procedures and benefit programs i.e. Sexual Harassment, Discrimination, Benefits and Compensation Programs.
• Provide consultation in staff disciplinary process in order to ensure compliance with organizational standards and serves as primary advisor to management on appropriate actions for prevention and response to employment related legal concerns.
• Managing compliance and driving performance and taking corrective actions in line with organizational policies and procedures
• Point person for Conflict Resolution in the country office and works in collaboration with Global HR Business Partner to provide appropriate recommendations for the management team
• Analyse employee trends and human resource metrics (i.e. turnover, employee relations issues, staffing challenges, etc.) and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Oversees ongoing update of Employee Data and records in HRIS in collaboration with GSS Staff and HR and Admin Support staff in CO.
• Work with CO specific HR & Admin Support staff to ensure delivery of HR Services assigned
Safety and Security
• Focal point person for Safety and Security in country office, will work in collaboration with Global Director, Safety and Security to accomplish following;
o CO & program safety and security risk assessment
o Development and implement appropriate SOP’s, plans and processes in support of risk mitigation.
o Develop critical incident protocol developed against risk assessment and trained response capacities.
o Develop and implement training to build capacity and resilience in staff.
o Provide safety and security support (including risk assessments) to staff deploying to emergency response and assure they have appropriate equipment and training.
o Participation in relevant networks for information sharing, learning and best practices.
Payroll and Compensation
• Review and oversee the payroll processing
• Participate in local compensation benchmarking survey (other than Birches)
• Support and oversee the Annual Merit Process in collaboration with the Country Director
Policies and Procedures
• Review and updated Employee Handbook (Every 2 years) to ensure compliance with local labour laws
• Keep abreast with local employment and regulations in country and recommend appropriate changes to policies and procedures in time
· Where applicable include responsibility of Supervision
· Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable her/him to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy**
· 5-7 years relevant experience in progressively responsible roles in human resources; minimum of 2 years’ experience in HR Leadership roles in country
· Strong knowledge of HR business processes
· Ability to work effectively in a multi-national, matrix environment
· Experience in international development sector
· Experience utilizing various HRIS and learning platforms and tools
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, customer service, consulting, and influence skills
· Self-starter, proactive, responsible and results-oriented
· Demonstrated experience building collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including appropriate vendors
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- BA required; advanced degree in Adult Education, Human Resources Management, Organization Development, MBA, or a closely related field strongly preferred. Relevant certifications also a plus.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.