Fisher Folk Specialist Job, NGO Jobs Kenya 2021,
POSITION: FISHER FOLK SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: STA PREVENTION
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
S/he will organize, implement, coordinate, and supervise HIV prevention and treatment activities addressing at-risk fisher folk populations within Migori County. S/he will work closely with the Senior Technical Advisor Prevention to ensure alignment of fisher folk activities and interventions across the project to the 95:95:95 strategy. S/he will also coordinate closely with identified sites to deliver evidence-based, high-quality bio-behavioral interventions, and offer friendly services and establish/strengthen integrated sites as appropriate.
- Provide technical assistance and develop strategies and interventions to improve the quality and responsiveness of HIV prevention programming and service delivery for fisher folk.
- Provide technical assistance and mentorship to other project team members, and facilitate technical capacity assessments in efficacious, evidence-based HIV prevention activities for fisher folk
- Identify and map land sites, beaches, and population size estimates for fisher folk in the targeted geographic areas in the county, and work with the STA Prevention to support service delivery sites as guided by annual plans and donor expectations.
- Provide comprehensive community-based HIV prevention services through peer education and outreach for behavioral HIV prevention among fisher folk.
- Develop strategies to accelerate mobilization of fisher folk to access HIV prevention and treatment services.
- Provide a comprehensive prevention package of services at facility and community level for HIV negative fisher folk.
- Provide information and training on the use and promotion of male condoms and lubricants (demonstration, skills building in negotiating condoms with sex partners, and ensure easy access to uninterrupted supply of condoms and lubricants).
- Provide VMMC messaging and a minimum package of VMMC services for male fisher folks and MSMs where appropriate.
- Expand and improve testing services, including HIVST and PrEP, for fisher folk using targeted outreach strategies as per the national guidelines.
- Support early enrollment into anti-retroviral treatment (ART) and continuity of treatment for fisher folk alongside monitoring viral load (VL) suppression in the established cohorts in collaboration with health facilities and ensure implementation of appropriate differentiated models for increased access.
- Provide comprehensive positive health dignity and prevention (PHDP) interventions for fisher folk.
- Establish routine monitoring and surveillance system in fisher folk to demonstrate program effectiveness and inform program improvement over time.
- Facilitate problem solving and action planning within the project to address critical challenges and barriers to improving HIV prevention programming and service delivery to fisher folk.
- Prepare all required reports related to fisher folk activities, including periodic progress reports, and donor reports as appropriate.
- Maintain collaboration with donor and other organizations engaged in HIV/AIDS prevention for fisher folk.
- Minimum of a Degree in Social Sciences/Public Health or any other relevant degree, Master’s in social studies/community health, or an MPH will be an added advantage
- Must understand PEPFAR/CDC/NASCOP/NACC technical guidance requirements for HIV programming for key and priority populations
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in HIV prevention services, majorly priority populations specifically fisher folk
- Solid understanding of Kenya’s NASCOP, NACC, and other relevant MoH guidance on key and priority populations, including in-depth knowledge of PEPFAR’s guidance
- Dedicated team player and detail oriented with excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, report writing, and analytical skills
- Takes initiative and able to work without supervision in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
- Proficient in computer packages
How to Apply
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 5th November 2021. Applicants are strictly advised to include only the title “FISHER FOLK SPECIALIST” on the subject line.
The Centre for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.