The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya.
CIHEB-K is collaborating with the University of Maryland, Baltimore CIHEB-Kenya, with funding from Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to strengthen health systems for the provision of HIV prevention and treatment services, roll-out case-based surveillance systems and to support national COVID-19 vaccine preparedness and disease prevention.
CIHEB-Kenya is seeking suitably qualified persons able to fill the positions below:
Position: Procurement Assistant
Reports to: Procurement Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 5 months Contract
Reporting to the Procurement Officer, the position holder will, among other duties be responsible for:
1. Preparation of Requests for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch.
2. Conducting price survey in the supply market and updating.
3. Carrying out sourcing activities as may be required for various procurement requirements.
4. Monitoring of User departments spend patterns and ensuring on time update of procurement plan.
5. Collecting, analyzing and circulation of quotes, bids and proposals for evaluation.
6. Receiving the approved requisitions and processing the appropriate documentation for purchases/services/contracts.
7. Coordinating with User Departments and making sure the right specifications for materials/items needed are provided on a timely manner.
8. Providing purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and doing all actions for completing the process.
9. Coordinating with suppliers to ensure correct and timely delivery of goods and services as ordered.
10. Proper documentation and maintenance of all supply documents including Requisitions, Quotations, LPOs, Invoices and Delivery notes awaiting payment.
11. Ensuring proper record management of various procurement processes, decisions, and contractual agreements for accountability and audit purpose.
12. Maintaining complete and updated purchasing/supplier records/data and pricing in the system.
13. Preparation of various information and statistical reports.
1. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies or a related area.
2. Professional membership will be an added advantage (KISM/CIPS).
3. Minimum 1 (one) year previous experience in a similar role.
4. Working knowledge of the Internet and MS Office Suite
1. High levels of integrity.
2. Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
3. Detail oriented with a hands on approach to all tasks.
4. Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results.
5. Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 30th April 2021.
Applicants are advised to include the title “PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.