Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company Limited
Opportunity to join a winning team: Civil Engineer Management Trainee
Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company Limited is mandated to provide Water and Sanitation Services within the County of Nairobi.
As part of our continued growth and team strengthening, we are looking for self-motivated, qualified, competent, seasoned and talented professionals capable of operating in a fast paced and demanding environment.
The Company is looking for a self-driven, motivated, competent and visionary person to fill the following vacant positions. This is an excellent opportunity for career progression.
Job Title: Management Trainee – Civil Engineer
Directorate: Technical Services
Location: Headquarters / Regions / Outer Stations
Reports To: Coordinators (Engineering, Operations & Maintenance, Environment & Compliance and Production)
Supervises: Technicians (Civil Engineering)
Number of Positions: 14no
Broad Function: Under the supervision of the Engineering Coordinator, carry out planning, design, construction and supervision of Engineering projects.
He/She is also expected to plan and carry out Operation and Maintenance of Water and Waste Water Systems.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Under supervision, carry out engineering planning, design and supervision of water and sewerage extensions, upgrades and associated works.
- Collect and analyze data on new and rehabilitation works in the field.
- Supervise Civil Engineering works.
- Prepare tender documents for the construction works to be undertaken.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of Technicians, Operators and Draughtsmen.
- Oversee technical operations and maintenance of both sewer and water reticulation systems to ensure that the systems achieve their optimal operational efficiency.
- Monitoring and evaluation of technical works.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from recognized learning institution.
- Registered as Graduate Engineer with EBK/IEK.
- Have completed their Bachelor’s degree in the last five years.
- Management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Note: The holder of the position will be deployed upon successful completion of a one and half years training period.
How to Apply
If you are the right person we are looking for, send your application in confidence clearly indicating the names and your day time contacts.
The application should also be attached with a detailed CV with three referees’ and their day time contacts, testimonials and copies of academic and professional qualifications, email address and quote the reference number of the position applied.
The envelope should be sealed and properly labeled on top with the job ref of the position for which you are applying.
The applications are to be sent or delivered to the address indicated below:-
Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company Ltd,
Kampala Road, Off Enterprise Road, Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 30656 – 00100
The deadline for submission of applications is 4 p.m. Friday 10th December, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification
NAIROBI CITY WATER AND SEWERAGE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
A detailed Job Description can be accessed by visiting our website www.nairobiwater.co.ke.