Our Client, a nonprofit organization that provides healthcare services globally seeks to recruit a seasoned, dynamic and dedicated Manager, Clinical Quality of Care / Service Delivery.
Reports to: Regional Director, ARO
Purpose: The QOC/Service Delivery Manager will provide leadership and work with local partner organizations to provide clinical expertise, implement and recommend strategies to improve and ensure quality of care, client safety and regulatory compliance for all program health areas consistent with international organization and the respective in-country MOH standards and guidelines on Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Family Planning Care and service (RMNCAH/FP).
S/he will provide overall leadership in the development, implementation, and long-term viability of the organization Global’s client–centered on sexual and reproductive health service delivery projects and; facilitate the efficiency and effectiveness of services so that the organization Global’s partners in Africa can carry out their respective missions to provide sustainable quality services.
The position is responsible for supporting the clinical quality of care for local partners supported facilities in the Africa Region.
The S/He will be critical to lead the coordination and implementation of all clinical governance assurance across the organizations Global network by coordinating internal clinical audits, skill competency assessment, action plan tracking for facilities, and training in SRHR practice according to the organizations Global and MOH guidelines.
The QOC Manager will manage and disseminate information on quality of care plans, report on progress and facility assessment findings, ensure strategic use of the quality data results to improve clinical performance.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Program Development
- Works with the Country teams to identify country service delivery needs and partner selection/; and in conceptualizing and designing new programs and projects.
- Provides technical guidance on the development of partners’ project plans and budgets.
- Collaborates with Country teams in the development of country plans to ensure service delivery programs are linked with advocacy programs.
- Works with the Africa Regional Director, or his or her designee to develop regional operational plans and provide technical guidance on implementation of service delivery components.
- Works with the Country teams to ensure service delivery programs align with divisional and regional strategic plans, and leads country team meetings in ARO to ensure programmatic coherence, communication, and tracking against country plans.
- Contributes to strengthening systems particularly to support service delivery and Quality of Care programs in the focus countries.
- Strategic positioning and proposal development for the Africa Regional Office exploring potential opportunities to expand opportunities with the Reproductive Health Network of Kenya (RHNK) in self-care, and explore establishing a RHN in focus countries.
- Lead in review and analysis of data from country partners and facilities and interpret the data to support program findings.
2. Technical Assistance
- Provides technical guidance on development of regional drafts of donor proposals.
- Provides guidance to Program Officers on identifying and documenting partners’ training and technical assistance needs to strengthen partners’ programmatic, institutional and financial capacity.
- Guide POs on providing training and ongoing technical assistance and documenting the processes of clinical provider training and support supervision, clinical quality assurance, and commodity security.
- Provide guidance to POs on training and management of community health workers for demand creation and community-based distribution of commodities.
- Works with Communications teams to effectively develop and implement program communication strategies to increase uptake of service delivery.
- Works with ARO staff to tailor in – country technical assistance and trainings to ensure the achievement of project goals through strengthening programmatic, organizational and financial capacity.
3. Program Monitoring and Reporting
- In collaboration with the lead, Program Learning Team, oversees overall program monitoring and evaluation through reports and on-site visits as well as ensuring accurate data for purposes of reporting, program improvement and donor accountability.
- Collaborates on program evaluation, data collection and other research activities.
- In collaboration with the Finance, Grants & Compliance Team, oversees monitoring of program budget.
- Manages preparation and submission of regional drafts of donor programmatic and financial reports.
- Writes program updates and briefs.
4. Visibility / Collaboration
- Collaborates with Regional director and Programme manager/coordinator to identify opportunities for new projects and collaborations
- Networks with key international organizations working in the area of Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) service delivery and develop collaborative relationships.
- Networks with the MOH stakeholders, to support progressive policy reforms, standards and guidelines, and other regulations necessary to implement SRH service delivery.
- Work on the technical committees with the governments and key partners on self-care and other priority SRHR issues and make presentations at key fora and events.
- Works with assigned regional staff to prepare reports, including donor reports and refunding donor proposals.
- Assists in developing fundraising proposals and concept papers for the organization and partners.
- Supports the writing of articles and abstracts for publication and presents at conferences on behalf of the organization and regional partners in order to raise the visibility and to develop a greater understanding of our work.
- Support report writing for projects with a focus on quality of care, working with the Program Learning Team capturing the data analytics and learnings.
- Work collaboratively with Latin America and US-based headquarters staff to promote cross-regional learning and collaboration;
- Represent the organization in various forums as may be called upon
6. Management and Leadership
- Participate in strategic planning and the design of new Regional initiatives;
- Provide strategic leadership in mentoring and coaching staff and consultants in Africa to carry out clinical quality of care assessments with our partners and facilities and assist in mapping out key areas of technical assistance that require further interventions for the region’s Services programs;
- Contribute to the growth and efficient management of ARO Service Delivery programs;
- Participate in the development of concept papers and fundraising proposals, and ensure that the quality of proposals advanced reflect value for money which fit into the overall regional strategy;
- Work with ARO SMT members and country teams to plan, develop and align ARO strategies and interventions across program countries with the divisional strategic priorities;
- Oversee regional program sharing meetings to ensure programmatic coherence, communication, and the tracking against ARO priorities and plans;
- Manage, lead and develop assigned staff to ensure effective management and high performance;
- Ensures that new service delivery staff receive timely orientation and training in ARO and the organizations
- Global administrative procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor;
- Regularly interacts with other regional office staff, Global Operations staff, Program and senior management team as appropriate to ensure work is on time and meets performance goals.
- Divisional policy, work plan and project needs determine the nature and frequency of external contacts. These include a well-defined constituency that has a moderate influence on regional office activities, assigned projects or operations.
- Requires regular contact with in-country partners, government officials, colleagues, and sister organizations, in order to advance the interests of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Much or BS/BA in Public Health or related field and 10-15 years’ experience in the public health sector preferably in a Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) sector. Must have experience in conducting training and tutorials sessions.
- At least ten years’ experience of working with Partners and MOH in the area of SRH quality improvement.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills in implementation of clinical interventions in the cultural context of developing countries and management of clinical data and databases.
- Good facilitation and writing skills.
- Must be a member of a regulatory body within the field, and proof of which will be required.
- Experience in knowledge management, specifically in the area of public health/ healthcare. ten -fifteen years of experience in project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and working with programs to identify and address training and Clinical quality assurance, Service delivery technical assistance needs, preferably with a reproductive health and rights focus.
Skills or Related Knowledge:-
- Related Knowledge: Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Ability to synthesize information and generate persuasive and clear verbal and written communications; strong time management skills and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines with a keen attention to detail and follow through; self-directed; and able to anticipate, prioritize and manage tasks.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and negotiation skills, in addition to ability to work autonomously, using good decision making and computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet and statistical analysis applications).
- Analytical problem solving using systematic approaches to analyze and propose solutions is part of everyday activities and cultural sensitivity is imperative. Knowledge of reproductive health issues is key
How to Apply:
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Clinical Quality of Care / Service Delivery Manager on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.