University of Washington Global Assistance Program, Kenya
Clinical Trial Pharmaceutical Technologist at Women’s Health Project, Mombasa
(1 Post )
Terms of employment: Employment is a 3 months’ contract.
Research Project Description
The Women’s Health Project, based in Mombasa was established in 1993, and is a collaborative effort of the University of Nairobi (UoN), the University of Washington (UW), the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), Mombasa County, the Ministry of Health, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (FHCRC), and the US President’s Emergency Program for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The objectives of the organization are:
- To provide high quality care to at-risk and HIV-positive women participating in the high-risk women’s cohort (Mombasa Cohort).
- To conduct innovative HIV and STI prevention and treatment research that will contribute substantially to local as well as global knowledge and implementation of effective interventions.
- To support HIV and STI prevention, care, and research efforts in Mombasa by training Kenyan researchers and practitioners, implementing technology transfer, and contributing to infrastructure development.
Job Purpose: To dispense study products to study participants and manage the pharmacy.
Essential Job Functions
- Dispense study products to study participants
- Counsel participants on drugs administration and compliance
- Maintain drugs logs and manage inventory to ensure adequate and accurate inventory levels
- Support and promote the safe ethical use of study product
- Perform other functions as requested
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Diploma in Pharmacy / Pharmaceutical Technology from PPB accredited institution.
- Must be registered and licensed by the Kenya Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Experience working in a clinical research setting is an added advantage.
- A minimum of one-year experience especially in inventory control and management.
- Knowledge in Computer Packages will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter, detailed curriculum vitae and relevant certificates with academic position title on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to email@example.com on or before 21st May 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.