Program Officer Job, Current Jobs Kenya,
Provide technical Support in the implementation and coordination of all matters and activities of the committee.
Reporting to the Senior Program Officer, the Program Officer will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor, review and advise the committee on sector policies, laws, regulations, strategies, standards and guidelines on matters related to the sector.
- Organize and participate in meetings with stakeholders, development partners, private sector and civil society on matters of interest to County Governments.
- Participate in development of sector policies, laws, regulations, strategies, standards and guidelines on matters related to the sector.
- Identify, guide and advise on preparation of resource materials for induction of the Council Committee (Governors) and the County Executive (County Executive Committee Members, Chief Officers, Directors and other officers).
- Initiate development of advisories to County Government on the implementation of Devolved functions in the sector.
- Initiate development of committee reports, policy briefs, speeches and policy papers.
- Prepare, file and archive committee rules, regulations, reports, briefs, minutes and any other relevant documents in the committee.
- Follow up and prepare reports on the implementation and compliance on indicators related to SDGs, Gender, youth and other international obligations, treaties and agreements in the committee.
- Follow up on County Governments’ participation in intergovernmental consultations and sector dialogues.
- Participate and prepare reports for intergovernmental and sector forums in the sector.
- Implement committee policies, regulations, strategies, standards and guidelines.
- Support in committee data collection to inform policy decisions.
- Support sensitization of County Governments on mainstreaming SDGs, Gender and other international obligations, treaties and agreements.
- Prepare letters of invitation and requisition for the venue and other necessary materials for committee meetings (Governors) and for the Caucus meetings (County Executive Committee Members, Chief Officers, Directors and other officers).
- Initiate the development of the committee annual work plans and budgets.
- Identify relevant partners to support resource mobilization for the committee activities.
- Initiate and prepare for the committee peer learning initiatives in the sector.
- Follow up on the implementation of intergovernmental resolutions relating to the committee.
- Support implementation of committee activities.
- Initiate documentation of good practices in the sector.
- Initiate inter-county knowledge sharing and learning on devolved functions.
- Participate in committee in intergovernmental sector fora’s and policy discourse.
- Initiate development of annual committee budgets.
- Monitor budget utilisation in the committee.
- Participate in the negotiation of conditional and non-conditional grants with the National Government and development partners.
- Make follow-ups on the release and implementation of grants to County Governments.
- Comply with internal controls in utilisation of budgets by the committee.
- Support sensitization County Governments on conditional grants requirements.
- Guide and mentor the assistants and interns.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Development Studies, Sociology, Public Administration and Management, Social Sciences or in a related field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience.
- Thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives, and ability to relate them to Council’s mandate.
- Thorough understanding of Devolution as envisioned in the Constitution.
- Understanding of financial and human resource management.
- Good understanding of government policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Understanding in policy development and strategy implementation.
- Stakeholder management.
- Communication skills
Duration of the Assignment
The duration of the engagement will be three (3) years renewable for a similar term subject to performance and availability of funds.
How To Apply
Interested persons should send their CV with names and addresses of three referees and Cover letter to email@example.com on or before Friday 18th June, 2021, indicating the name of the position in the subject on the email.
Director – Health Service should apply using the below information only
Interested persons should download and duly fill the COG EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM and drop the duly completed form, CV with names and addresses of three referees, cover letter clearly indicating “application for the position of Director Health” in the subject, with current and expected remuneration, and a copy of ID, certificates, relevant clearance certificates and testimonials.
The hard copy application in plain sealed envelope must be submitted and registered at the Council Offices, Delta Corner Towers- Westlands, Oracle Wing 2nd Floor, on or before 5:00 p.m. 18th June, 2021 addressed as “Application for a position of the Director Health” to;
The Chief Executive Officer,
Council of Governors
P.O Box 40401-00100
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer. Persons living with disabilities and Persons from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.