We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
Innovex Solutions are a Kenyan-registered technology company that commenced operations in 2017. We spend our time developing and operating niche and disruptive software applications.
We are looking to fill the position of a Commercial Officer who will be responsible for critical support roles; finance, budgeting, reporting, admin + company secretarial, HR, procurement, contract mgmt., coordinating third parties (legal, audit, banks etc.)
- Max 7 years’ experience with at least 2 – 3 years in a supervisory role (5+ team members), in a medium or large organization, with fairly complex operations (at least USD1M annual revenues, 60+ staff, 4+ countries of operation).
- Undergraduate degree (minimum), and CPA / ACCA qualification.
- Experience in use of accounting, budgeting, and HR applications, high level proficiency in use of MS Office applications
- Experience in book-keeping, accounting, reconciliations, reporting (financial + mgmt.), budgeting (preparation, monitoring, updating, reporting) etc.
- Good understanding of HR matters (recruitment, personnel mgmt., staff appraisal, exit mgmt. etc.).
- Experience in general admin, and company secretary matters.
- Good understanding of legal matters especially contractual matters, organizational set up, and HR.
- Exposure working in/for countries and jurisdictions outside Kenya (especially other African countries) is an added advantage.
- Experience in preparing regular and ad-hoc mgmt. reports e.g. activity reports, staff performance reports etc.
- Proven understanding, experience and/or qualifications in the realm of IT (specifically software development) is an added advantage.
- Experience in developing and tracking staff KPIs especially in relation to operations activities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Solution oriented with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work well with others in a team, as well as team leadership.
- Ability to manage fast-evolving business needs.
- Customer-oriented (in this case internal business units) mindset.
- Proven ability to solve problems in creative ways.
- Proven ability to leverage defined processes in handling tasks, as well as develop (and continuously improve) said process.
- Organized, able to multi-task and attention to detail.
- Good and empathetic listener, and ability to build consensus and resolve conflict.
- Flexible in terms of work hours (both office and home environment), but beyond standard work hours.
What You will do
You will be expected to lead / coordinate (hands-on approach) the Commercial Unit regard to the following (covering Kenya and operations in other countries);
- Set up and operate the finance/accounting, budgeting, reporting, HR, and admin functions.
- Competitively recruit, train, manage, appraise, junior staff, based on need, and in line with org structure.
- Define and oversee implementation of SOPs, staff KPIs etc.
- Recommend systems and applications for use in the running dept activities e.g. accounting, HR admin, and payroll systems, also responsible for their implementation and operation.
- Provide technical input with regard to contract matters and set up of operations in other African countries.
- Detailed review of invoices, reconciliations, and other financial records prepared by other units (notably operations)
- Prepare timely, accurate, supported, and insightful reports (both regular and ad-hoc) covering finance, mgmt., budget, operational etc.
- Responsible for liaison with external parties; banks, insurance companies, other statutory entities (company registrar, KRA, NSSF, NHIF, HELB etc.), also responsible for maintaining associated records.
- Timely and appropriately resolve issues arising and escalate within the department or to other departments when required.
- Make technical decisions within area of operation.
- Providing supporting role in the design and testing of Innovex’s systems / products, especially on aspects relevant to finance and accounting.
- Provide input in preparing business case information with regard to new products and markets, in liaison with other units within the organization.
- Pay range: Ksh. 150,000 – 200,000 per month depending on level of experience and mapping to our grading structure.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 13 October. 2021