Directorate Of Research And Knowledge Management Job, Current Finance Kenyan Jobs,
Position: Directorate Of Research And Knowledge Management
The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya. Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the National and County Governments; sharing of revenue among the County Governments and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments.
The Commission seeks to recruit experienced, qualified and competent persons to fill the following position
Directorate Of Research And Knowledge Management Reporting to the Commission Secretary/CEO, the job holder will be responsible for driving independent research to continually build and update the stock of knowledge needed by the Commission’s directorates responsible for implementing its constitutional mandate as envisioned in the CRA Act.
- Ensure preparation and execution of annual research program of the Commission. Research Programs shall have clear links with the Commission’s broader mandate and be synchronized such that research outputs are ready on time for realization of other mandates.
- Develop suites of modelling for policy simulation and forecasting, design, preparation and dissemination of analytical economic work and reporting including, macroeconomic modelling and forecasting.
- Offer support to the CRA team by contributing to policy notes, studies and reports on a wide range of issues and specifically on fiscal policies, tax spending, equity, natural resource revenue management, economic diversification, productivity and fiscal decentralization.
- Oversee the preparation of the Directorate’s budget and implementation of the financial plan for inclusion in the Commission’s budgetary cycle.
- Champion the development of internal capacity within the Commission for collection or acquisition and management of data bases relevant for discourse on devolution and fiscal decentralization.
- Seek out, establish and nurture the Commissions participation in relevant local, regional and global research network.
- Propose and manage the Commissions round of technical presentations. 8. Propose and implement production of periodic publications such as journals, articles and policy briefs that are instrumental in growing and consolidating the Commission’s profile within the devolution space.
- Prepare Commission papers on topical issues, analytical findings as may be required from time to time.
- Provide leadership and management of the Research Team of the Commission.
- A PhD in either Economics or Statistics from a recognized University.
- At least five (5) years’ post PhD experience in a reputable organization, preferably in a research role.
- At least (5) years of work experience in supervisory role.
- At least ten publications in refereed Journals.
- Demonstrated track record in producing user friendly written outputs. 5. A good understanding of econometrics and ability to use standard econometrics software to conduct research and modeling such as STATA/SPSS, RATS and CATS.
- Knowledge and experience in development arena – Ability to understand policy making process, distil operationally relevant recommendations for stakeholders. 7. Policy Dialogue Skills: Ability to identify assess and engage policy issues and play an active role in dialogue with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Lead and innovate – Develops innovative solutions, to entrench devolution. 9. Demonstrable ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through teamwork.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills and result oriented and ability to work under pressure.
- Be a person of integrity and effective interpersonal skills.
How to apply
If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send a secured copy of your application, a detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials. Also certified Copies of Tax Compliance Certificate, CRB Clearance, HELB Clearance, Certificate of Good Conduct and Clearance from EACC is required. You should also give the names of three (3) referees who must be familiar with your previous work and academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by Thursday 20th May, 2021 at 5.00 pm. as follows:
APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF ___ (insert appropriate position) TO THE COMMISSION SECRETARY
COMMISSION ON REVENUE ALLOCATION
14 Riverside Drive
P.O. BOX 1310 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement, then consider your application unsuccessful.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant employer