Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.
About the role
The Communications Associate will join the External Relations department and play a critical role in supporting all internal and external communications objectives of the department. We are looking for a creative individual who is great at telling stories through different forms of media. Someone familiar with creating compelling content for and managing organization social media, and coordinating various communications campaigns and projects. This is a highly collaborative role for an empathetic, detail-oriented self-starter.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate story ideas and prepare content for Sanergy’s quarterly newsletter, email campaigns, and blog posts.
- Develop creative social media content and maintain Sanergy’s social media accounts.
- Develop and manage weekly media monitoring for the organization.
- Track and analyse website/social media traffic flow and provide regular internal reports and social data/metrics.
- Support the review of external publications about Sanergy (case studies, reports, blog posts, etc).
- Host groups of visitors to present Sanergy’s model.
- Assist with maintenance of Sanergy’s Communications calendar.
- Revamp and update key communications materials (impact summaries, PPTs).
- Organize and conduct regular field visits to our customers for story gathering, photography, etc.
- 2-3 years of demonstrated work experience in communications/PR.
- Hold at least a degree in Public Relations, Communication and other related fields
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with an ability to write precisely and concisely for multiple audiences.
- Passion for social media and creative to develop engaging content while exploring how new media technologies can be used to enhance organizational goals. Must also be dedicated to analyse and measure results.
- Photography and basic video production skills is a plus.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14th July, 2021