SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, non-governmental international development organization which has been working to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children since 1949.
We seek to recruit a dynamic mature persons to become Community Development Worker for SOS Children’s Villages – Eldoret.
Key Functions of the Job
The Community Development Worker will undertake various duties which include but not limited to the following:-
- Support Family Strengthening Program
- Responsible for all Target Group assessments and selection of beneficiaries into the program
- Facilitate Open communications within the Family Support Team and other departments
- Facilitate the educational development of children in the target group
- Facilitate and ensure the effectiveness of local child protection structures such as Child Protection Volunteers, Lay Volunteer Counsellors, Community Health Workers and Local Area Advisory Councils
- Establish links and develop networks with NGOs, CBOs, donors GOK departments and community
- Any other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences / community development / child psychology or related disciplines.
- Knowledge in data collection, analysis and knowledge management
- Good knowledge in Project Planning and Management
- At least 3 years progressive experience working with vulnerable populations [children, youth, women] and community groups.
- Previous experience in child -focused organizations working with children on care, protection and advocacy will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical ability as well as excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili is preferred.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral skills in English and Kiswahili
- Strong report writing skills
The position offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.
Closing Date : 25th April, 2021