Oasis healthcare group is a company that runs a chain of facilities which aim to provide a 3 tier referral system to enable clients benefit from quality healthcare and also be seen by all appropriate healthcare cadre when need arises. It consists of skilled and dedicated health specialists, professionals, support staff, volunteers and physicians who promote wellness, prevent disease and injury, and provide healthcare every day to a diverse population in Kenya, especially those living in urban centres.
Main Purpose: The COHO will be responsible with handling all oral health matters for all our clients according to the stipulated procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine patients’ teeth and mouth.
- Assess dental condition and needs of patients using patient screening and monitoring procedures.
- Analyze x-rays and evaluate dental needs as necessary including medical history review and dental charting.
- Take, develop and mount radiographs as well as trace radiographs required for corrective treatment
- Undertake general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
- Clean teeth using brushes, and polishers to remove plaque and stains ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained
- Fill in cavities, rebuild broken teeth, replace missing teeth, and remove unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
- Treat and help to prevent gum disease.
- Provide instruction on dental care and write prescriptions for patients
- Make impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts
- Document patient dental history and/or chief complaints and/or observations
- Supervise staff and clinic processes
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma in Community Health
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a busy hospital.
- Registered as a Community Oral Health Officer with the regulatory body.
- Valid Practicing License.
- Must have a work permit and license to practice in Kenya if a foreigner from KMPD Board
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Able and willing to work outside normal hours when necessary
quoting the job title and town location on the email Subject.
We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
“Oasis Healthcare group is an equal opportunity employer”
Closing Date : 12th May, 2021