Exciting Career Opportunity in Plastics Manufacturing: Company Driver
Our client is a leading composite manufacturer of plastics and allied products.
To ensure its products reach the market on time and distribution is reliable in line with its business growth and expansion, the company is in the process of filling up the role of a Driver.
Job title: Company Driver
Salary Offer: Kshs 25,000
No of Positions: One (1)
Location: Nairobi, Mombasa Road
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate the company truck following training in safety measures and defensive driving techniques as prescribed in driver’s manual and emergency response procedure.
- Meet delivery schedules and adhere to planned routes(journey plans) and complying with all rules.
- Report all defects, incidences, accidents involving the truck and products conditions immediately they happen.
- Operate the truck following all legal regulations and ensure proper documents are in place (insurance, VIC’s, speed governor certificates, calibration chart etc.)
- Comply in terms of reporting to work and observing rules on drugs and alcohol, seat belt policy, truck driving rules(size, weight, route-designation, break/rest periods etc. while on duty
- Follow applicable traffic rules and manoeuvre trucks into loading and unloading positions.
- Monitor weather and road conditions and watch out for traffic conditions, updating the tracking team immediately of any difficult on the same
- Complete all documents correctly and on a timely basis as required by the company
Qualifications and Experience
- A holder of KCSE with a C Plain with C in Math’s & English
- A holder of a valid and clean BCE Driving License.
- At least 5 years experience driving heavy commercial vehicles.
- A holder of a certificate of good conduct from the DCI.
- Must be good communicators who are self-driven and result oriented.
- Energetic with the ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Self driven, results oriented individual.
If you meet the criteria for the above roles and are interested in driving your career to success, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
P.O Box 76883-00620,
Kindly indicate current and expected salary as well as your notice period/availability in your application subject line or CV.
- Apart from your CV, a copy of KCSE Certificate or result slip, copy of driving license, DO NOT attaches any other certificates and testimonials in your application.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 22nd July 2021
Shortlisting will be carried out on a rolling/ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.